What cigars do you just not 'get'?

For me it's got to be Cohiba - enjoyed the odd Robusto but after twenty years I still can't see what the fuss is about , and I've even been to visit El Laguito ... why spend loads of money on a very inconsistent product when you can buy lots of PLPC's or lots of JL no 1's or lots of SLR Regios instead ? Even the Behikes failed to impress me like the ERDM Choix Supreme did last year..

• Like 1

I'm not going to use this thread to disparage other cigars people may enjoy but I don't get when people say x cigar is good for a y dollar cigar. I don't want a relatively good experience, I want an absolute good experience no matter the parameters. I don't buy fonsecas, vegueros, quinteros etc because my aim is not to save a few dollars. My aim it to thoroughly enjoy a variety of cigars despite the cost (now mind you I don't buy ELs and overpriced stuff). I don't believe in saving money in my hobbies, it's contradictory. I don't care how cheap a plp is I'm reaching for the montecarlo every time for another dollar or two, what's the point?

Flame suit on.

• Like 2

I'm not going to use this thread to disparage other cigars people may enjoy but I don't get when people say x cigar is good for a y dollar cigar. I don't want a relatively good experience, I want an absolute good experience no matter the parameters. I don't buy fonsecas, vegueros, quinteros etc because my aim is not to save a few dollars. My aim it to thoroughly enjoy a variety of cigars despite the cost (now mind you I don't buy ELs and overpriced stuff). I don't believe in saving money in my hobbies, it's contradictory. I don't care how cheap a plp is I'm reaching for the montecarlo every time for another dollar or two, what's the point?

Flame suit on.

If someone offered me a free box of 1966 or a free box of 25 Quintero panetelas I'd happily pick the Quinteros every time. I enjoy them a lot more, the price is just a huge bonus lol.

I'd happily have the QPs in my top 3 desert island/everyday cigar choices. If I was a billionaire I'd still pick the QPs :D

Bigger flame suit on!

Everything Punch

If someone offered me a free box of 1966 or a free box of 25 Quintero panetelas I'd happily pick the Quinteros every time. I enjoy them a lot more, the price is just a huge bonus lol.

I'd happily have the QPs in my top 3 desert island/everyday cigar choices. If I was a billionaire I'd still pick the QPs biggrin.png

Bigger flame suit on!

Nothing wrong with that, I'd take plmcs over 1966 too no matter the cost. In fact, hiroshiro can tell you right now that he was forcing me (lol) to smoke a 1966 he brought for me and I politely declined. It ended up in a good home at least!

For me it's the Monte 2's - I just don't get the hype.

I have never really enjoyed one YET in saying this, there are other Monte's which I absolutely love such as the Monte D LE 2005 and the Monte 520's peace.gif

We all have some quirky favourites but what are your standout flavour failures?

I think VR as a whole for me. I love the idea but I've never ever had anything other than just plain tobacco, not even an inking of anything else.

My taste bud blind spot maybe!

X2

I never got the whole VR line

montecristo. Especially #2. Ironically it was the #2 that hooked me. Every box after that was in search of that Nirvana but each cigar in those boxes has never come close. I would snome 8 for 2 decent ones. even the especiales #2 which I've had two or three boxes, I was never able to reach the that level of bliss. I gave up on Montecristo.

1966 for a single cigar

Partagas, punch, r&j and most montes don't do much for me.

I agree with most in that I like plpcs more than most other sticks 3x the price

• Like 1

This has been covered before...

My short answer is Partagas - all of them.

This was my answer too. I wouldn't say all though. The 898 is pretty amazing when on and there are still many I have not tried but most of the most popular I don't care for too much.

montecristo. Especially #2. Ironically it was the #2 that hooked me. Every box after that was in search of that Nirvana but each cigar in those boxes has never come close. I would snome 8 for 2 decent ones. even the especiales #2 which I've had two or three boxes, I was never able to reach the that level of bliss. I gave up on Montecristo.

Funny as it was the PSD4 that hooked me! Now I haven't found one that good since :)

Bolivar. Any of em

Say it ain't so!! Haha. My favorite. This thread is for sure the epitome of "different strokes for different folks".

Anyways, back to the thread. Cohiba for me. Only had a handful or so but they haven't been very good to me.