What cigars do you just not 'get'?

I love how people are generalizing for an entire marca. Have you smoked multiple cigars of each vitola within a marca? Lets say a very small number....5....of each? If not, then what could you possibly be basing your judgement on? A single cigar that could have been affected by a bazillion factors?

• Like 4

I had 4 or 5 boxes of VR famosos from 08 that have been some of the best cigar I have smoked. Pure coffee and coco with a heavy nicotine kicker. The cigars almost looked like maduros. Have not found anything even half decent over the last 5 or 6 years. Never tried any of the other VR's outside some of the RE's which I love.

The only brand I have tried and would not buy are Cuabas. Never been a fan would spend my money elsewhere.

About 5% of them

Guess I look at it this way. I really can't tell what I'm smoking half of the time anyway. I mean take the boxes and bands away, throw them in a bit pile and I couldn't tell an Upmann from a HDM. Blind tasting contest case and point. I trust some of you do smoke enough to understand what they "get" or don't get. Not I though. I do know enough that I enjoy a good cuban cigar when the time permits, boy do I ever. More than once I've had a cigar from a box be garbage, just to have another and it's golden. But I do know that yeah, its about 1 out of 20 (either 20 from the same box or 20 from twenty boxes) are pitched cause they're bad. So I guess I don't get about 5% of the cigars I smoke.

Cohiba..all hype, too inconsistent.

RyJ.. smoked many, still haven't had one I enjoyed all the way through.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I get them all in one way or another!

Either I like it or I don't. If I don't I light up another until I'm satisfied!

I can't say I have enough experience with all of the lines to comment further. I enjoy smoking cigars so much that just having the freedom and opportunity to sit back and light up is great for me. This is directed at 1legLance and the peso cigar he gifted me. Loved it!

I know it's not directly to the OP's point of "flavor failures" but I just don't get any large rg smokes. Prefer smaller, say 42 and under rg.

Anything over 50 just doesn't work for me. I've stayed away from some highly recommended smokes just because of the size.

I find this question interesting… It really shows the differences in"taste"

I have tried to "love" VR but, it always falls flat to me… my taste buds, however if you love 'em, then that is great.

I love Bolivar, Ramon Allones, and Juan Lopez. However not everyone agrees with my "taste" … maybe it is in my ass, but I prefer to think that it is very refined and that others should concur… :-)

This is what makes the Havana cigar the best in the world… there is always something for everyone and their taste...

I find this question interesting… It really shows the differences in"taste"

I have tried to "love" VR but, it always falls flat to me… my taste buds, however if you love 'em, then that is great.

I love Bolivar, Ramon Allones, and Juan Lopez. However not everyone agrees with my "taste" … maybe it is in my ass, but I prefer to think that it is very refined and that others should concur… :-)

This is what makes the Havana cigar the best in the world… there is always something for everyone and their taste...

This interests me, I've been hearing alot lately the lack of love for VR, you never really used to hear this. Personally , I've never had a VR I didn't like.

• Like 1

This interests me, I've been hearing alot lately the lack of love for VR, you never really used to hear this. Personally , I've never had a VR I didn't like.

I have found that certain 1/3 of various VR's have been very good… only to have them "fall apart" on the second or last 1/3...

It's a strange brand for me, in paper and according to reviews, it should right up my street but every vitola within the marca tastes the same to me and the taste is just flat, not bad, but just flat, lifeless.

Even cigars I don't like it's because I don't like the flavours/they don't agree with me. But VR just gives me nothing, it's like a blind spot :s

I wish I liked them!