Ramon Allones Extra

I am thinking about picking a box of these EL's and wondering what the members of the forum think of these cigars?

I am hoping members have smoked of enough of these by now and with a couple years of age on them hopefully they are smooth and tasty.

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

John

I've got 7 boxes stashed away. I've smoked through a full box and a half. Some right away, some recent. I have not had a bad one yet, mine have all been some of my favorites cigars I've smoked. They are stellar!!! I know some don't like them ,and some have had bad experiences, but from all of mine, and about 10-12 that I was gifted from others, have all been fantastic.

I've liked the taste of the ones that have drawn, but half of the Allones Extra's I've smoked have been plugged solid. Didn't stop me from getting a couple of boxes stashed away in the locker, but enough to make me question getting any more.

I'd suggest getting a few singles to try before delving into a box.

Just my $0.02 :)

Thanks all! Mixed feelings about these now. I think best thing to do is find a vendor who will sell me some singles to try.

That would probably be wise. I was really excited about getting a box of these but after a friend got a hand full of singles to share with me I wasn't impressed and never ended up buying that box.

I'd agree with mk05 and his reference to NC's, that's what they tasted like to me.

I want to also clarify, that all of my boxes are HQ Quality, which may have something to do with not getting any duds yet.

I tried. I tried a lot to like them. Bought a few boxes. Bottom line for me. Not worth keeping around. Great bands, fantastic looking dark wrappers on the majority of the releases but they just don't perform.

I tried several as well. I love the size and the price, as being maybe the most affordable of all the LEs over the last years but just never had one that wowed me

I crossed over from NCs so I could kind of tolerate these. The RAE are very young and very full. Personally, I can't tell the flavor difference between this and the RyJ Escudos sans the strength level. I hope the RAE does level out to how the Escudos are now, or even better, to the Hermosos #2, because that would be cigar nirvana.

I had just placed an order for a box from Hamburg when these first came out and mentioned it to MO when we were smoking together at the GHC in NY shortly after. He suggested there were much better smokes available so I cancelled the order.

I did go ahead and pick one up recently but have not been overly impressed so far. The few I've tried have been enjoyable, but not stellar.

Will leave them rest for awhile before trying another.

I did a box of these in no time. Loved the full, rich flavours and generous smoke. If I can find another good box I'll snap it up!

All of mine had great construction and no plugging issues, but judging by the other comments I wouldn't buy blind.

Not bad, but they have that "EL flavor" that makes me think most ELs taste more like each other than their representative brand. Split a box with a friend. The only EL I've paid for since 2008.