Ramon Allones Extra

Specially in this case. I couldn't notice any RA flavour behind the EL darkness…

I disagree. I've got 2 boxes of '09 HQ RASS that are awesome. Very heavy defined flavors of cream, coffee, taffy with an overwhelming marshmallow flavor. Small hints of coco and musty (in a good way) stewed fruits. The Ra Extra's I have have that exact same profile just with stronger coco and coffee notes.

I've tasted the same profile, also with more mellow coco and coffee notes in many Gigantes as well.

If you can jump on it, i've had no construction issues on mine, flavors are just getting better and better. If i come into some money, i'd defenitly try to source some. But dont buy them blind. I bought mine here off Rob because I know they have been hand picked and inspected. Try to do the same. my two cents

So far only had one box and no construction issues, with a few put away to age. I've enjoyed the ones I've had but will be buying RASS instead.

I have found members to be evenly split on these....A "love them or loathe them" cigar.

I love them but I enjoy that mongrel note. I see these aging very similarly to the Ramon Allones Celestiales Finos. 5 years and the complexity will come through in spades.

I just smoked one, on the back of this thread.

With the green bands on these, there was never a possibility that I wasn't going to buy some.

The fact that this was my decision, not based on any reviews, means I'll go to the ends of the Earth to convince myself I like them.

Regarding the cigar I smoked tonight, I can't give an unbiased opinion.

Yet.

:)

X2. Tate is great but half have been plugged. My friend experienced the same

I've liked the taste of the ones that have drawn, but half of the Allones Extra's I've smoked have been plugged solid. Didn't stop me from getting a couple of boxes stashed away in the locker, but enough to make me question getting any more.

I'd suggest getting a few singles to try before delving into a box.

Just my $0.02 :)

The Superiores are much better cigars for less money. If you like RA and want a second band go buy those. You'll be much happier.

Not much cheaper. But I agree I like the superiores much more than the RAE