Is the coro the best thing ever....

....nudge nudge, wink wink

Siglo VI is.

Can't afford to smoke those daily, but leaning towards making the coro my daily.

Well, that and the Hoyo #2.

Obviously we all have different preferences, so no throwing darts here.

Lately, the one that ends up in my hands when I want a tasty is the coro.

The others, Monty's, Boli's, are taken to the course anymore.

Still have a soft spot for Partagas at home.

(Read: Stirring the pot)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha. I'll be the first to post the "well it depends on your tastes" post but it really does. I've only smoked maybe 10 CoRos in 9 yrs mostly and they've been good for sure but price point with these is an issue for me especially when I love the Boli line and I can get almost 2 boxes for the price of one box of CoRo's. Even if I had a box of CoRo's they wouldn't be a daily or even weekly for me more like a one every couple months type smoke but I only smoke cigars 2-3 days a week anyway.

Cohiba is my favorite marca yet I've only had 1 coro so far. Smoked 1 ROTT when I got it a month or two ago, and haven't had one since. It was good for a fresh cigar (nov 12) but I feel like I'm wasting it if I smoke too many young so going to check in on them every 6 months or so. They are too expensive as a daily cigar for me, but if that's what makes you happy then go for it!

I tend to fall into the "love them but don't smoke many" category. Time (and funds) will tell if I start leaning toward them more in the future. I'll take an SLR regio, or a D4 tho!!

I used to dislike Cohiba and not understand the big deal about Cohiba.

So had a few Siglo IIIs Tubo from 2008 which were just sitting around in my humidor.

When I last tried them, wow, amazing. Which made me to buy and try CoRo, 2012. I tried them fresh, and amazing cigar, even for being so fresh.

Now, Cohiba is all I smoke; here is what I have, Siglo III, CoRo, BHK 54, and today CPE arrived, which I can't wait to try.

Yes I'm also a huge fan of the Coro. A Coro from a year ago was the most flavor cigar I have ever experienced, however I find myself chasing that cigar. Never smoked one near as good. And I find myself hoarding these. I buy boxes and not dare touch them, hoping with age they turn into the cigar I remember.

Love coros, definitely one of the better cohibas. Give me a coro over all the blinged out ones but you need to smoke 2012s fresh or put them down for awhile. I used to be the same with the brand but there are a few great gems in there you just have to look past the smoke and mirrors.

Love Coro! First CC I had was a Coro and was immediately drawn to the dark side. I tend to smoke Cohiba's (not just Coro) mostly on festive occasions. I just don't see them as a daily cigar, great job HSA marketing dept! ok.gif

I don't know why,but I'm a Corona Gorda Guy. LOL LOL. i've been smoking them since the 70's ,so, I guess I really enjoy them.

There Is nothing like a HdM Epicure No. 1 for me ,(I guess It's a question of your tastes)and I will be smoking them up to the day that I die, and after.lol lol Thank you.

Guy

CoRo's are great! However, I'm in the same boat as olotti regarding the price point. They are too expensive to be a daily smoke. I think it's a once every 2 to 3 month sort of smoke for me.

I can get 2 boxes of RASS for one box of CORO. I will take the RASS any day over any other cigar. It is by far my favorite, hands down

I am relatively new to CCs and had a few CoRo which I liked but definitely did not see what the big deal was.

Then I got a few from Rob's single sale a few weeks back.. First two I probably didn't wait long enough after delivery for them to recover. The third one I had two nights ago and it was amazing. Great experience and had a lot of the signature Cohiba flavors on display in top form. It blew my mind and I now must have a box.. One more single left.

Hopefully some show up tonight although I have a feeling there will be some healthy competition..

All CoRo I have smoked were nothing to write home about. On the other hand, the Siglo VI has blown my mind. Not a big Cohiba buyer because of the premium, but I am sure there are boxes of every type they produce that could be stellar and some that will disappoint. I think if comes down to liking the "Cohiba Profile" if you can get that far. That is the only way to justify the premium.

lol really? i thought vegueros were junk but then maybe i haven't smoked enough (not that i'd care to)

I'm with you - they ARE junk.

Piss-poorly constructed, ugly, junk.

My favorite line from one of the warehouse wrap ups was "fonseca...who cares" hahahaa

same thoughts about vegueros, a buddy gave me some when I first started smoking and to say they were not memorable would be a compliment..so many good cigars out right now it's hard to care

With 5 years on then they are one of the best cigars out there for me, the only problem is that wait!

X2

I love Cohibas but hate the wait. Five years seems to be the minimum for my tastes. Cohiba may need time more than any other brand to come fully into their own.

X2

I love Cohibas but hate the wait. Five years seems to be the minimum for my tastes. Cohiba may need time more than any other brand to come fully into their own.

Call me crazy, but the POU AGO 12 box I have are smoking incredibly well right now, they do have a little mongrel to them if that is the right term, no harshness. Although I have never had an aged CoRo.