Is the coro the best thing ever....

Yes, they are for me. I have smoked hundreds of them over the past 4 or 5 years. I have 2011 and 2012 cabs of coro from a trusted merchant that are my favorite cigars. I also search for some specific codes and has so far not let me down. I code search for other highly pproduced cigars not just cohiba. This is my favorite robusto sized cigar, if I could afford them i would buy more today! Recent productions from 11 taste like they have 4 years on them instead of 2. Did I mention how much I like these, lol

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me crazy, but the POU AGO 12 box I have are smoking incredibly well right now, they do have a little mongrel to them if that is the right term, no harshness. Although I have never had an aged CoRo.

Not crazy. My tastes are the important words. You like them, smoke them. I do hear htat new production is very approachable, so have at them. I've never regretted letting a Cohiba age.

DurangoBob,

This is a good post for me, as I've never had a coro. I've split boxes of the IV, and the VI. I found both to be delicious, but my co-splitters found them too mild. I would happily purchase either again, but want to try other vitolas such as the Coro. I've asked this on another topic, but I'll again ask you here... Does the robusto, not being of the siglo line, have a strength or flavor difference? They are in my top 5 list of what to purchase next so I would appreciate any feedback. Thx buddy.

DurangoBob,

This is a good post for me, as I've never had a coro. I've split boxes of the IV, and the VI. I found both to be delicious, but my co-splitters found them too mild. I would happily purchase either again, but want to try other vitolas such as the Coro. I've asked this on another topic, but I'll again ask you here... Does the robusto, not being of the siglo line, have a strength or flavor difference? They are in my top 5 list of what to purchase next so I would appreciate any feedback. Thx buddy.

To me they have a tad bit more body to it than the siglo's, but not a huge difference. I'm sure you will enjoy them if you enjoyed the siglo iv and vi.

I think the Siglo IV is the best of the Cohiba Family. I have a box of CoRos aging away but i have been unimpressed with those I have smoked thus far. In the Robusto line, I would take a PSD4, Epi 2 or Boli RC ahead of the CoRo. I'll report back in a couple years when my box is ready!

Jury still out on CoRos for me. I have a box from 2008 that ive smoked a few of and they havent been that great. All younger samples have been unimpressive as well. IMO I would rather spend more and get endless amounts of the sig 6.

My favorites are still sig VIs and lanceros...

I agree here... VIs and lanceros for me.

But on the topic of CoRos... I have yet to have a bad one. With age, I've had some great ones. They are a "good to great" cigar for me. I'm not sure I'll see the day when a CoRo beats the best example of a lancero, but I can't have myself smoking the same cigar day in day out (CoLas)... would not be my style.

Coros like all cohibas are hit or miss, you need to get the right box. My buddy had a magic 08 box we killed off two years ago and it was one of the top robustos I've ever had, leagues better than any sig vi.

Yeah, I myself have 4 left from a magical '08 box. Each time I go to the humidor I don't want to touch them, but can't help myself.

Coros like all cohibas are hit or miss, you need to get the right box. My buddy had a magic 08 box we killed off two years ago and it was one of the top robustos I've ever had, leagues better than any sig vi.

This! They are made in very large numbers, from my understanding. I do think they are making them more consistently than in past years though,imo.