Current production HDM? What to get?

The PR's and the #1's are my personal favorites.

Epi especial and du gormet too. I just got some 98 double coronas and I can't wait to try them. I really like the whole hoyo line haven't found one yet I didn't like.

Have smoked al lot of epi 2. But my advise would be the Des Dieux. With a few years on them they are such an elegant cigar but with real sofistication, Smaller the du prince. Both nice for the summer. Not making it easier for you right? If would lean towards rge epi 2, just sidestep and try the petit robusto. The really great HDM i have had of late are absolutely the pyramids. Find a nice smelling box and enjoy.

Hope it gives some direction.

Ferit

Definitely Des Dieux! A truly divine cigar!

For shorter smokes the Princes are great bang for the bucks.

Glad to se the Epi 1 being mentioned. Got a box en route from the czar.

I really like the HDM profile, mostly quite mild but lots of flavor. As mentioned by others the '12 Epi 2's are absolutely fantastic! Really like the '11 Short Hoyo Piramides a lot as well. Tried single sticks of the Epi de Luxe and Epi espcial as well and these were good but you can't really tell much from a single stick. Have become a bit of a fan of the Du Gourmet as well but that's really a cigar that you need to give quite a bit of attention because of the very thin ring gauge (e.g. definitely not good to smoke on the golf course..).

I'm a fan of the short Hoyo pyramids ltd edition from 2011. Like the short robustos a lot too

Really good affordable smoke but getting harder and harder to find. Also true that the des Dieux is delectable

I might go for the du Prince or des Dieux. I've had '11 and '12 Epi 2 and they are bomb, but I'm looking for thinner rg and shorter smokes. Thanks for the advice guys.

Reading comprehension much? Du Dauphin went out of production years ago and the OP asked specifically about current production :rolleyes:

To answer the actual question: Recent Epi 1 and Epi 2 are both great. I am also enjoying the Epicure Deluxe very much - so much that I bought two more boxes, even though the vitola is not my favorite.

Didn't realize that they were out of production. Still see them all over the place and inexpensive to boot. I bought a 99 box just last year at no premium, and they are fantastic...