What do you have planned fro New Years Eve?....and a little comp

New Years Eve Beckons and no doubt many of you are prepping your cigars, food and drinks for the event.

What do you have planned?....what cigar or cigars have you set aside?....party on the agenda?....a few quiet drinks or is it "Bah Humbug and an early night" party.gif

Let us know your plans and take a photo of your new years endeavour. Post them here and go into the draw for a 3 pack of aged Cohiba Robusto spotlight.gif

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! Let 2013 be a cracker!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be a quiet one with the mrs and a mate, Cigars, steaks and alchohol in the backyard checking out the stars

It will be Cohiba Robustos, RASS and maybe Cohiba Siglo VI king.gif

Sharks

Weather permitting, I'll be having a Siglo II (first cigar I smoked, also during New Years Eve) and a Partagas P2 (the cigar I smoked during my first New Years Eve with my girlfriend). Together with a nice bottle of Piper.

The plan was to be a small dinner get together of around 8, it has ballooned to 16, so it is unlikely that this will stay low key. The wife is making homemade lasagna and meatballs, there will be fig and bleu cheese crostinis, antipasti. Many of the guys enjoy a good cigar so because of the cold we'll probably be sticking with BPC or HUPC

Going to be celebrating outside in the old port of montreal, music, countdown, fireworks (hopefully lots of hot women as well) depending on the weather i will be smoking a Minuto(probably a 2010 RASCC) , PC (98 Dip 4) or Robusto (RASS or PSD4) Will defenitly take a pic and post!

Rob, 2013 will be a cracker for sure, I'm looking foward to it. New beggenings mate!

My wife is working so my daughter and I will be hanging out. Well most likely she will be asleep in my arms and I'll be hanging out. If it warms up here at all I may try to fit in a smoke but -8 isn't much fun to smoke in.

Visiting dear friends in Dubai...who will have on deck Cohiba Pyramides, Partagas EL 2012 SC3 and Monte 520 for the festivities!

Wife and I will be at the shop until at least 10pm. So before midnight I will have already smoked 2 cigars. Then off to my mother in laws/brother in laws place for a small gathering of family and friends.

Brother in law gifted me an aged Upmann magnum 50 to ring in the new year.

Then it's off the the airport in Cancun around 10 the next morning to catch a flight to Texas. I have 4 days there to run errands and see friends/family and then I'm off to grand cayman on the 5th.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=20.631714,-87.070645

More cooking for me.

We have a New Year's tradition of staying home and preparing a feast of epic proportions. My brother/sister-in-law, wife and I will enjoy an illegal amount of crab and mayo paired with a couple of bottles of 1996 La Grande Dame Champagne. Next we move on to perfectly grilled (hopefully) rib eye steaks paired with a couple of bottles of J. Daniel Cuvee from either 2001 or 2002. Dessert is optional considering how sick we all feel . . .

Starting early with friends at the local cigar lounge. A Cohiba 1966 and a bottle of 20 year Pappy Van Winkle is on deck.

Then it's out for steaks with the wives and a jazz club to follow.

Happy New Year and wishing everyone a year filled with nothing but happiness.

well this one will go down in the record books for me, flying to LA, and spending NYE at a Stanford pep rally, then partying to the wee hours, then heading to the Rose Parade, and then to the "Granddaddy of them all" to watch the Cardinal hopefully thrash the Badgers . leaving great smokes and memories along the way.

cheers

simply too cold and wet for much smoking here in the UK but I'll try to manage a Robusto of some sort before things get underway

Certainly the British weather seems to be doing everything to conspire against smoking on NYE! I'll be with good friends on the South coast in Brighton... I've got some small sticks set aside and an 07 Genios if there's a bit of cover...

New Year's eve is also my birthday. So while I grumble about being another year older we will be staying in having a quiet celebration which is what we traditionally do. Me, the wife and dogs.

I have no idea what cigars. Maybe I'll have a Czar custom or something I consider good and some beverages. lol3.gif

We have a couple of good friends coming over and I'm cooking Beef Wellington. There will be lots of Champagne, wine and general silliness. There will definitely be cigars and spirits at some point. We also have some friends flying back from South Africa on NYE so we've given them an open invite to turn up if they're hungry/thirsty. Will probably play cigar choice by ear, although leaning towards BGM at present. In an ideal world, I'd like to be in a fit state on New Year's Day to sit back and smoke a Monte Especial no.1 '98 that I picked up in Dublin earlier this year!

We're docked in Monaco for the next few weeks! So every day after work I'm heading out for a Coffee and one or two smokes. It's quite mild n dry over here at the moment, 10-15 C.

For new years eve it'll be a Montecristo 520 for the big fire works display in port. Before that another Upmann Mag 46 out of my '02 Cab...

Happy new Year everybody!

simply too cold and wet for much smoking here in the UK but I'll try to manage a Robusto of some sort before things get underway

Just a small get togther with some close friends at our abode for drinks and cigars! I am still yet to pick out my smoke... It's supposed to be -10 to -15 out that night so it'll be a short one smile.png

41 degrees celsius here today. That's 106 fahrenheit, yesterday 39 tomorrow 39 and forecast for NYE 39.. Hot and really not that easy to smoke cigars in . Humidity is low so very dry heat as well. Prawns crabs and crayfish (lobster) all caught fresh in local waters with friends ..nothing better. Cigars probably siglo 11, Monti 2 and NY with a Monti Especial..beers, champagne and probably some red in the early hours of the morning to finish things off.

To everyone within this forum Happy New Year and may 2013 be a cracker to you all. x