What do you have planned fro New Years Eve?....and a little comp

41 degrees celsius here today. That's 106 fahrenheit, yesterday 39 tomorrow 39 and forecast for NYE 39.. Hot and really not that easy to smoke cigars in . Humidity is low so very dry heat as well. Prawns crabs and crayfish (lobster) all caught fresh in local waters with friends ..nothing better. Cigars probably siglo 11, Monti 2 and NY with a Monti Especial..beers, champagne and probably some red in the early hours of the morning to finish things off.

To everyone within this forum Happy New Year and may 2013 be a cracker to you all. x

More or less the same here as well mate ,not going out ,quiet one in I think ,it's too bloody Hot here like you said forecast of 5+days of 40.c ,and the fact you will be waiting for a cab for hours

Don't know what I will have yet ,might have something a bit longer IE long and skinny ,something I don't normally have time to have,a couple of hours after the sun goes down it shouldn't be to bad by then ,still nothing better than being outside in shorts and singlet @midnight :-)

And a very happy new year to all the members here roll on 2013

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After celebrating Christmas, in a drunken smokey kind of style in San Sebastian (my fist chrissy dinner outdoors)!, we're heading back up to Andorra, in this village, Arinsal....

8seschiazainandorra1535.jpg

My wife has a big birthday on the second, and she wanted to celebrate it up here.

Who am I to complain? Beautiful snowy landscape, much after ski partying, cheap, good cigars, which you can smoke in a bar....

Sometimes my wife has some great ideas..

Mike deserves the prize, I think....

I'm workingthumbsdwn.gif. My New Year's Eve/Day is going to be spent in Prison with some nasty B*tches. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to enjoy a smoke at some point in the night.

Happy new year to everyone.

Going to the wifes bosses house for a party. The theme of which is Korean Honeymooners. Pretty abstract. I'm told that a lot of Korean couples wear matching articles of clothing on their honeymoons. Could just be a stereotype but, oh well, they're great people so it should be fun. Maybe just a small cigar for me, Pl Panatella most probably

Going to the wifes bosses house for a party. The theme of which is Korean Honeymooners. Pretty abstract. I'm told that a lot of Korean couples wear matching articles of clothing on their honeymoons. Could just be a stereotype but, oh well, they're great people so it should be fun. Maybe just a small cigar for me, Pl Panatella most probably

I had an image i my mind of a Korean Ralph Kramden for a second there...

After a minor health scare that had me visiting the local emergency room at 3am on Fri morning, I think it's best I take it easy! Besides, I'm working on Monday.

Hope everyone has a great New Year's!

Hope your O.K mate nothing to serious I hope

H.A.G.O

Going away with the girlfriend and friends to a small village in Cork. Pints in a local bar followed by a cigar in the hotel outdoor hot tub (Diplo 2 if its not too cold, otherwise a D4 or D5)!

My wife and I are having some close friends and their kids over to BBQ. My famous baby back ribs will be the highlight :) Going to crack an '07 Boli CE cab, some '05 PSP2s, and '08 Boli CGs along with a few of single malts, bourbon, martinis, and champagne. Big things in the works for 2013, opening a digital creative agency in Chicago! Good times ahead!

Post party: The BBQ was a huge success. The Dip 2 was a wind tunnel, so I went with a PSD4 and later a QdO Corona. Shenanigans ensued when my buddy and I had a competition of lighting fireworks with our cigars and aiming for a trash can at the bottom of the driveway. :)

Followed up this morning with a Bailey's and coffee with a Bolivar CE. Not a bad way to kick off the new year. Cheers FoH!

post-6777-0-15622800-1357069633_thumb.jp

post-6777-0-90973500-1357069668_thumb.jp

post-6777-0-27929300-1357069708_thumb.jp

Sitting at a resort in Vanuatu and hoping we dodge the tropical cyclone headed this way. If we remain in the clear ill be lighting up a nicely aged (2003) cohiba Lancero, if not ill probably still light up some sort of non-cc.

Happy New Year everyone!!!

well this is the first new years my girlfriend and I get to spend together in the same hemisphere. we are going down to the harbour in syd to watch the fireworks. going to make a day of it, nice picnic lunch, some cigars. and then the best fireworks display in the world.

I'm up at the small seaside town of Woodgate in Queensland with some very old friends. My wife and I have rented an old beach house.

I think you would call it shabby sheak. Perhaps just shabby. It has charm let's put it that way.

I'm sitting here with the sound of the ocean just 150 meters away and a big old clear moon just over head.

Already had a couple of nice cigars on the front deck just for practice mind you.

New years eve will be quiet, a few drinks shared with friends that I consider dear family.

I'm the only cigar smoker here so not sure if I'll fire one up in front of everyone yet..

Hope you're ok Fuzz.

Like last year and the years before, we'll be celebrating with 20+ friends at the pharmacy's old lab bbq-uing burgers complemented by home made salads and drinking good stuff.

Cigars - Apart from the regular stuff I have a couple of Hamlet's Flying Pigs for the waiting time after dinner to the fireworks and a cigar I specially enjoyed during my visit to MRN, the Punch Super Robusto ER Asia-Pacific ER.

I plan to smoke a RyJ Churchill 2003 tubo. I took it out and the wrapper is as dark as it can get and the oil from cigar has leaked into the wrapper.

Looking forward to see how it's been developing.

will take some pictures and will post.

Will be here in San Francisco. Just went up the coast today to Tomales Bay to get about 65 oysters (for around $50). Best oysters in the US in my opinon smile.png. Will be having a feast tomorrow evening with family and friends and most certainly some good aged CC's will be smoked.

Working - shooting a wedding of a long-time hairstylist client if mine who insisted I capture her New Year's Eve wedding. To be honest I don't mind as having two young children puts a limit on options anyway. If I'm lucky, I'll get home around 1:30/2am with enough gusto to sit in the garage with some wine and a cigar...JL1 or similar. Have a great one folks!!