Random Cigar Thoughts

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went through a spell over the last 6 months or so. Nothing tasted good to me. I lost interest in food, cooking, cigars, etc. When I drank, it was for the effect, not for the taste. I eventually wen

I'm super saddened by the passing of the greatness of the country of my citizenship (Australia) and how damn hard it's getting to have a smoke in some public place and not get lectured about how horri

NEWARK, N.J. -- U.S. Senator Frank R. Lautenberg (D-N.J.) has renewed his call for a ban on flavored cigars, which he claimed are "surging in popularity" among children and young adults. Uh, no. They

I find it interesting that when I first started at this cigar gig, torpedos were called that and now they are called piramides; Bloom is now Plume.

So what other terms can we expect to evolve? Just trying to keep ahead of the curve here... Coolidor/herf/corona/box split/fauxhiba...

NEWARK, N.J. -- U.S. Senator Frank R. Lautenberg (D-N.J.) has renewed his call for a ban on flavored cigars, which he claimed are "surging in popularity" among children and young adults.

Uh, no. They should be banned because they are silly.

• Like 1

If the Bolivar Short Bolivar were 1 inch longer I would not hesitate to buy it. . .

But then I ask myself "what's the difference between a 4.3" long Boli and a 4.9" long Robusto?"

I buy Robustos, so who do I mentally discriminate over .6 inches? I need a shrink :doctor:

• 1 year later...

Can't believe I can't find qdo imperiales anywhere really fiending for a box. For some reason I've been in a big cigar mood since I burn through 3 a night sometimes. So far esplendis, winstons which I refuse to smoke on a regular basis (02s), and got some gigantes for this purpose. Don't like hoyos, punch, or slr so don't really have much else choice!

Can't believe I can't find qdo imperiales anywhere really fiending for a box. For some reason I've been in a big cigar mood since I burn through 3 a night sometimes. So far esplendis, winstons which I refuse to smoke on a regular basis (02s), and got some gigantes for this purpose. Don't like hoyos, punch, or slr so don't really have much else choice!

I was told by industry last week that large wrapper leaf is thin on the ground. It will turn around but there are some supply issues.

• Like 1

thanks rob

really tempted with those coros you put up

Yep. Full humi but temptation got the better of me. It's ok though, only got a sixer :D

RAG

Second the RAG vote.

I had a Monte from an 02 box this arvo. Geez it was a brute. It lost nothing over the years, and was a heavy hitter of a smoke. I feel they got the blend slightly wrong on this lot, as it seemed like the ligero was overused, and the seco stood no chance. I've got two left and will revisit in a couple of years.

rob/shlomo I bought rags a week ago didn't you guys read my post haha

need imperiales!

I assumed you got Boli gigantes.... But now I remember you don't like Bolis.

Hi everybody,

Me ? I think that I'm at my 44th year as a cigar smoker and I don't regret anything ,but when I look back, I sometimes

regret not having a few more cigars that are not made anymore, like the "Partagas, Royales' and a few others off the bat .

At the moment , I can't think of them all, but It's the ONLY regret I have. I really love my Cigars.

Guy

• Like 1

I sometimes

regret not having a few more cigars that are not made anymore, like the "Partagas, Royales' and a few others off the bat .

Guy

I have about half a box of these. I'll bring you a few in November for you.