So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

Stumbled across GlenGoyne 15 at the local shop. Proceeded to drink split the bottle with my good friend in its entirety given how delicious it was

Stumbled across GlenGoyne 15 at the local shop. Proceeded to drink split the bottle with my good friend in its entirety given how delicious it was

I fully agree!

I just grabbed the Glengoyne 18yr to try and drank half the bottle in the first sitting!

A couple new ones.

Glengoyne 18yr

post-13208-145360142388.jpg

Grabbed an interesting Bowmore and was a bit surprised when I pulled the bottle out of the tube...

post-13208-145360147613.jpg

Cracked it open for a couple drams, and went back the next day to get a couple more bottles. Great juice!

post-13208-14536015279.jpg

• Like 1

A couple new ones.

Glengoyne 18yr

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1453601421.222571.jpg

Grabbed an interesting Bowmore and was a bit surprised when I pulled the bottle out of the tube...

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1453601473.504233.jpg

Cracked it open for a couple drams, and went back the next day to get a couple more bottles. Great juice!

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1453601525.336531.jpg

seems someone needs to go back to grade 1!

Do you think it's actually 24 years old?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seems someone needs to go back to grade 1!

Do you think it's actually 24 years old?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha! I thought it was good to see that the Rattray crew enjoys the scotch as much and frequently as I do!!

They have the dates correct on both labels. It is a few days short of being a 15yr.

Remarkably smooth for nearly 60% abv but I've never seen a 20yr+ bottle still have such high abv. Definitely a 14yr, but great bargain at under 100cdn per bottle

A couple new ones.

Glengoyne 18yr

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1453601421.222571.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1453601473.504233.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1453601525.336531.jpg

Someone's put the 24 Year Old bottle in a 14 Year Old canister?

Are they all like that?

trying to resist getting some Glengoyne.....

Anyone try monkey shoulder? worth picking up?

It's a good sipper. Worth a purchase IMO

Agreed. 12 yr, 12 yr cask strength, 15 yr, 18 year, all of them delicious....why resist?!

Agreed. 12 yr, 12 yr cask strength, 15 yr, 18 year, all of them delicious....why resist?!

Sorry - I meant the Monkey Shoulder.

I liked Glengoyne better before the relaunch - no coloring added and non chill-filtered. Used to be a screaming bargain. Not so much anymore.

What accumulated at KL Wines during my trip ;)

The Kavalan is a gift for a buddy and the Glenfarclas was a screaming bargain at the Taiwan duty free at $27 for a whole liter. Noticed that it is NAS now, however. Older bottles showed 10YO.

3241d56b70d7a64a9e3fcf891a1ebf16.jpg

• Like 3

Perhaps it is mentioned on the back label?

Still $27 is a heck of a deal for a litre bottle of cask strength sherried malt.

Back label doesn't state it - unlike earlier bottlings I've seen. But agreed - heck of a deal :)