So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

Bit of a late post... Very kindly got gifted a bottle of Rowan's Creek for Chrsitmas from the future inlaws. Haven't cracked it open yet, but I'm a fan of the other Willett small batches I've tried so I'm looking forward to it.

post-16354-0-62876000-1452950013_thumb.j

• Like 3

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

I'm really happy to have got another bottle of this oneattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1452947183.651388.jpg

Well done. Hibiki 12 and 17 are certainly harder to locate since Hibiki Harmony's been released (although Harmony has received favourable reviews - I look forward to trying it, but I'm enjoying my Hibiki 12 bottle in the meantime).

Well done. Hibiki 12 and 17 are certainly harder to locate since Hibiki Harmony's been released (although Harmony has received favourable reviews - I look forward to trying it, but I'm enjoying my Hibiki 12 bottle in the meantime).

Yeah I know what you mean. I was under the impression that the 12 is being discontinued in favor of the harmony. Now a very prominent member of the whisky community ( in Aus ) is saying that a new shipment of hibiki will be in Aus in February?? I hope he is right.
  • Like 1

A late Christmas gift was dropped off today....

B76A59C7-6213-4799-B635-16D2532379FE_zps

That's a nice gift from a generous Santa! A local bottle shop has this on stock but I haven't pulled the trigger on it yet. I'm curious to know what you think of it once you've tried it.

The wife just got back from Miami, she bought me this a the duty free shop. She paid 95$ US. Don't know if it's a good price or not but since SAQ and LCBO do not carry it and based on multiple reviews i felt like i had to buy it.

24386200101_ec3b8462c7_c.jpgRon Zacapa Centenario XO_1 by Sylvain Tetreault, on Flickr

23840405754_261c5607fd_c.jpgRon Zacapa Centenario XO_2 by Sylvain Tetreault, on Flickr

• Like 3

The wife just got back from Miami, she bought me this a the duty free shop. She paid 95$ US. Don't know if it's a good price or not but since SAQ and LCBO do not carry it and based on multiple reviews i felt like i had to buy it.

24386200101_ec3b8462c7_c.jpgRon Zacapa Centenario XO_1 by Sylvain Tetreault, on Flickr

23840405754_261c5607fd_c.jpgRon Zacapa Centenario XO_2 by Sylvain Tetreault, on Flickr

That's a good price for the XO. Love that stuff....

A few more bottles of the Laphroaig 18 Year Old (current bottling) to supplement the personal stash of older bottlings.d109dca956bdbe55e5942603a6d01b9d.jpg

I hear these are earmarked for discontinuation.

My tubes are almost completely green. In fact I have not seen this white tube version. I assume the green is the older version?

Yep, green tubes are the older bottlings. The label's changed too.

Is there consensus or opinion as to whether they are as good as one another, or one better than the other?