So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

How does Glen Grant 10 compare to, say, Glengoyne 10, Glenfiddich 12, or Glenlivet 12?

The Glen Grant is very fruity, with some cream flavors, and mild/dry in comparison with Glenfiddich 12. Glen Grant wouldn't be on my "must have" list, but it's a nice change of pace, and my local liquor store had these two bottles on clearance for $28 each (1/2 price single malt? Yes, please!). In my opinion, someone with some scotch experience will like the Glen Grant for the dry fruity but not sweet experience, but it's also a perfect malt for someone new scotch, as the flavor is mild and won't shock them.
  • Like 2

The Glen Grant is very fruity, with some cream flavors, and mild/dry in comparison with Glenfiddich 12. Glen Grant wouldn't be on my "must have" list, but it's a nice change of pace, and my local liquor store had these two bottles on clearance for $28 each (1/2 price single malt? Yes, please!). In my opinion, someone with some scotch experience will like the Glen Grant for the dry fruity but not sweet experience, but it's also a perfect malt for someone new scotch, as the flavor is mild and won't shock them.

Well said. The Glen Grant 10 Year Old is a solid malt whisky, even more so at $28 a bottle.

A bottle of this year's Glenmorangie Milsean Private Edition to taste before committing to more.

08f780f10ef5700f4de3301efc96a30b.jpg

Heard this was underwhelming. Let us know what you think of it though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

A bottle of this year's Glenmorangie Milsean Private Edition to taste before committing to more.

Glenmorangie is one of my favorites, but I didn't dare to make the plunge on this one, due to all the tasting notes I've seen mentioning "coconut".

I'm interested to hear your feedback on this one!

• Like 1

The K&S 12 year is pretty good. Extremely well rounded but as a bourbon drinker, I miss the burn after the sweetness. Wish I knew of a similar profile rum at aroubd 94 proof.

post-28697-0-14127200-1455200057_thumb.j

• Like 1

I have not been on here lately. Thought I would share my latest dusty finds. Some old Joshua Brooks 8yr, Ten High High Ten 10 year, old Bourbon DeLuxe,and a really old mini of rum. Pennsylvania distilled Michter's, Ancient Age (early 80s),Walker's DeLuxe 8yr, and Old Charter Proprietors Reserve.

post-9940-0-24250200-1455200755_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Rittenhouse Straight Rye Whiskey and Laphroaig 18

attachicon.gif2016-02-11 22.36.50.jpg

If you haven't already tried it the Rittenhouse is great in proper Manhattans, or the "Baby" Sazerac! Antica Formula Vermouth, Angostora bitters a few extra cherries. Prefer mine on rocks.

• Like 1