So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

I haven't really posted recently, too busy hunting bourbon, I guess. I think I did okay, did a bunch of trades and ended up with some great bourbon in place of some of the mediocre releases this year.

I was very pleased to acquire a bottle of WFE 13 yr bourbon "Time Out," a WFE 22 yr wheated bourbon, a John E. Fitzgerald 20 yr., Russell's Reserve 1998 and some more common items.

Compass Box's This is not a Luxury Whisky is a great release this year; I've drunk through nearly half a bottle when it usually takes years for me to finish one.

While I do like some of the BTAC and Van Winkle products, there are many better whiskies to try. Glendronach single cask is always very good, as are many SMWS bottlings.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

...Compass Box's This is not a Luxury Whisky is a great release this year; I've drunk through nearly half a bottle when it usually takes years for me to finish one...

I have been rather curious about this release - it did create quite a bit of a stir with the 100% disclosure policy.

I have been rather curious about this release - it did create quite a bit of a stir with the 100% disclosure policy.

If you like Compass Box, you really should get a couple of these. Best release since the General.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk