So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

After drinking wine almost exclusively for quite a while I have gone back to my bourbon. whip.gif

Why oh why did I forsake thee! drool.gifwub.png

Picked up a bottle of Noah's Mill last Saturday. Lawdy, with the football games this isnt going to last long. buddies.gif

Looking for some good small batch stuff but am noticing that the bourbon prices are getting out of hand if you can even find what you are looking for. tantrum.gif

Just negotiated a full case of 2012 CdP clos des papes rouge (en primeur). Hugely excited. 95-98 pts Wine Advocate and 19/20 Jancis Robinon. It will be kept in professional storage along with my cornas and cote rotie. Planning to probably drink it from 2020 onwards.

post-1508-0-55700100-1389900828_thumb.jp

Came home after a long day and found this waiting for me....

IMG_20140121_225655_zpssuazzpxu.jpg

Thank you to the great BOTL who bombed me with this. Put a smile on my face for sure.....smile.png

Good lord. how many more times can they change the box for the Nadurra? That has to be the third or fourth iteration in the past 2-3 years....

Some of the more interesting/unique selections from recent acquisitions:

Scottish malts with Australian connections, Longrow Red 11 Year Old Cabernet Sauvignon Cask finish...

matypy3e.jpg

....and Longrow Red 11 Year Old Australian Shiraz Cask finish.

ju8e3e2a.jpg

Continuing the wine theme, Springbank 9 Year Old Gaja Barolo Cask finish.

bepesu2a.jpg

Indian malt?

A couple of the more recent Amrut Single Cask releases.

qusy4yre.jpg

The duty free exclusive Laphroaig PX Cask.

7ebe8ure.jpg

You're welcome. A pleasure to be able to share an interest.

Can you let us know what differences (if any) you notice between the Shiraz finished Longrow and the Cabernet finished Longrow? I have tried the Cab finish one and liked it but I am debating if I should pick up another one of those or go for the Shiraz instead (yes, I know what you will say... "buy both" ;) )

Can you let us know what differences (if any) you notice between the Shiraz finished Longrow and the Cabernet finished Longrow? I have tried the Cab finish one and liked it but I am debating if I should pick up another one of those or go for the Shiraz instead (yes, I know what you will say... "buy both" ;) )

Sure, but it may be quite a while before I crack them open though. I currently "over committed" as I have 6 bottles open. I will need to finish at least two open bottles before I can open the two Longrows.

However, I can tell you that the Longrow CV is generally better as a drink than the Springbank CV if you are wondering. Greater depth and intensity of flavour.

Sure, but it may be quite a while before I crack them open though. I currently "over committed" as I have 6 bottles open. I will need to finish at least two open bottles before I can open the two Longrows.

However, I can tell you that the Longrow CV is generally better as a drink than the Springbank CV if you are wondering. Greater depth and intensity of flavour.

I can't find the CV of any of those in my neck of the woods and Binny's just made them "in store only: :tantrum:

post-9993-13908111694553.jpg

2010 Les Forts De Latour

2013 Beaujolais

2010 Kosta Browne Garys' Vineyard

2010 Kosta Browne Gap's Crown

2004 Williams Seylem (drank before pic)

Didn't want to touch what I have saved away on the Les Forts de Latour so snagged another bottle to go with dinner. Excellent wine. Would love to have a couple cases. Worth the hype and price IMO.

The Williams Seylem was pretty good, and the Gary's Vineyard was smooth and easy drinking... but interestingly neither compared much to the "standard" Pinot blend from Kosta Browne, also not pictured, from a couple weeks back.

Picked up some wine from my son's birth year. Most of them will go into long term storage however, one Will be popped for 'quality assurance......' wink.png

IMG_20140124_091928_zps3yylin7p.jpg

Tasted it last week, your son is in for a treat on his 21st birthday, if it lasts that long party.gif

Tasted it last week, your son is in for a treat on his 21st birthday, if it lasts that long party.gif

Nothing wrong with his 18thparty.gifor if Japan 15th party.gifparty.gif hehe

Bernheim Original Kentucky Straight Wheat Whiskey.

ydutugy4.jpg

I don't normally have American whiskey and don't really know a lot about this form of the water of life so I am looking forward to this. I gather this is quite a unique bourbon as it is a wheat whiskey.

Purchased here in Australia at about twice the US retail price. :( Curiosity got the better of my sense of value in this instance.

If they were more scrupulous with the pricing, perhaps they would be more widely appreciated.

post-9993-13908111694553.jpg

2010 Les Forts De Latour

2013 Beaujolais

2010 Kosta Browne Garys' Vineyard

2010 Kosta Browne Gap's Crown

2004 Williams Seylem (drank before pic)

Didn't want to touch what I have saved away on the Les Forts de Latour so snagged another bottle to go with dinner. Excellent wine. Would love to have a couple cases. Worth the hype and price IMO.

The Williams Seylem was pretty good, and the Gary's Vineyard was smooth and easy drinking... but interestingly neither compared much to the "standard" Pinot blend from Kosta Browne, also not pictured, from a couple weeks back.

Nice pick ups. That forts De Latour is bad ass!

I'll drink one bottle when he is 10, one when he graduates high school, one when he turns 19 and one when he graduates university. The rest will either go to him or I will drink it!

Great strategy... I've been putting gym a few items aside as well... my wife theorizes that the kids will break into the stash well before they're "allowed". We'll see... best if luck keeping that secure!