FatherOfPugs

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

A couple of interesting bottles selected from the recent lot of acquisitions:

eda9uhag.jpg

Interesting let me know how they are

Bacardi Oakheart!Lacks the complexity and finish of sipping rums but a splash of coke(the way its meant to be had..) fixes that !

And it's not bad at all when neat either!

Thinking of picking up this boxed set too, especially as good value. Never tried kilchoman, do you rate it? Also are the glencairns made from their usual crystal? Don't want glass!

We opened up the gift the day before yesterday and it is a great, medium-peated dram. Hard to believe it's only 4 & 5 years old . I can't wait to try a 10YO once they release it.

The Glencairns are the real crystal deal as well. Excellent value (I paid $54+tax for the set at KL Wines).

:2thumbs:

Picked up a bottle of Camus Extra Elegance in duty free a while back.

It's got so much going for it I almost feel like I'm not good enough for it.

post-15948-0-33304100-1385279442_thumb.j

And while I was in Dan's, I found hiding amongst the Cognac bottles......

a bottle of beer. Crown Ambassador. Been keeping an eye out for this for ages and I took the opportunity to ****** one up and store it away for a special occasion.

post-15948-0-42685700-1385279466_thumb.j

Will be a whole before these get opened, they are for the collection. :D

Will be a while before these get opened, these are earmarked for the collection. :lol:

Bought two of these... one for a gift and one for myself...

I have heard only good things about Kilchoman although I have never had any. I am on waitlist for a Society bottling of cask strength Kilchoman so I am hopeful and excited.

New items...........

DeLord armagnac XO

Marie Duffau armagnac XO

Montesquiou armagnac VSOP

The Kilchoman I tried was a winner for a very young single malt.Brusque,peaty,warm and malty with aromas of brine and salt.If they would age their whisky in well used bourbon casks, I think it would shine among young single malts.

I am not a fan of the wide spectrum of finishes employed these days,too many casks of various sourcing trying to be the "next great thing",I wish the industry would return to its roots..............

New items...........

DeLord armagnac XO

Marie Duffau armagnac XO

Montesquiou armagnac VSOP

I am not a fan of the wide spectrum of finishes employed these days,too many casks of various sourcing trying to be the "next great thing",I wish the industry would return to its roots..............

Nice haul. I enjoy armagnacs from time to time but not had any of those.

Agree your point re finishes. I try to stay clear too because I think faitly ordinary spirit is often "finished" to paper over the cracks.

Just tried the DeLord.........simply amazing stuff.

Smooth,velvety and warming,caramel and mandarin orange notes,cinnamon,oak and a touch of peppercorns.

Elegant and compelling,the bouquet fills the room...........delivered for around 65.00

Most recent additions are:

Tomatin 20 year special edition cask strength (bottled for WillowPark Wines and Spirits in Calgary)

Littlemill 21 year old

Glenfiddich 14 year Rich Oak

Awesome. Where'd you find the Littlemill?