So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

Ha, I was actually planning on picking up a bottle of the Laga Distiller's Edition this week.

Have you already tried it? What are your thoughts on it?

Eh, only bought it because I'm a fan of Lagavulin. The peat isn't as strong as in the 16. Liked the vanilla/fudge note in it. Didn't like it THAT much though. Nothing mindblowing and definitely not worth the $100+ price tag. Going to return the second bottle I purchased. For the price of one, I'm going to pick up 2 bottles of the regular 16 or two bottles of Oban.

Some of the more recent acquisitions, some single malts from a distillery of nostalgic significance.

A few bottles of Macallan Cask Strength, two bottles at 58.6% and one bottle at 60.1%:

ehygy8er.jpg

Hopefully the batch variations are minimal and they will be comparable to the bottle at 59% that I have open and drinking sparingly from.

A couple of bottles of the Macallan 18 Year Old Sherry Oak Vintage 1995:

retu9yby.jpg

A few bottles of the TWE bottlings of vintage Macallan for the Whisky Trail series, two bottles of the vintage 1990 bottled in 2011 and a bottle of the vintage 1989 bottled in 2011:

y5y2uhad.jpg

Also a bottle of something that I have started appreciating - Irish pot still, Redbreast 12 Year Old Cask Strength Batch B1/11:

ubu3eter.jpg

Some of the more recent acquisitions, some single malts from a distillery of nostalgic significance.

A few bottles of Macallan Cask Strength, two bottles at 58.6% and one bottle at 60.1%:

ehygy8er.jpg

Hopefully the batch variations are minimal and they will be comparable to the bottle at 59% that I have open and drinking sparingly from.

A couple of bottles of the Macallan 18 Year Old Sherry Oak Vintage 1995:

retu9yby.jpg

A few bottles of the TWE bottlings of vintage Macallan for the Whisky Trail series, two bottles of the vintage 1990 bottled in 2011 and a bottle of the vintage 1989 bottled in 2011:

y5y2uhad.jpg

Also a bottle of something that I have started appreciating - Irish pot still, Redbreast 12 Year Old Cask Strength Batch B1/11:

ubu3eter.jpg

Christmas is early this year :)

Eh, only bought it because I'm a fan of Lagavulin. The peat isn't as strong as in the 16. Liked the vanilla/fudge note in it. Didn't like it THAT much though. Nothing mindblowing and definitely not worth the $100+ price tag. Going to return the second bottle I purchased. For the price of one, I'm going to pick up 2 bottles of the regular 16 or two bottles of Oban.

If the price difference is that big, I totally understand. Here in Switzerland the D.E. is approx 40% more expensive than the regular 16. Maybe I'll give the Talisker D.E. a try instead. It got quite a few good reviews.

Lagavulin 16 is usually $67-85 here in the states but it's been on sale for $54.99 just recently. I wouldn't be surprised if it were 90-100CHF in Switzerland. I mean a regular bottle of Grey Goose is around 70 CHF if I remember correctly.

I always wait for the Costco special before I stock up on Laga 16 and Oban 14 - by far the best price around!

Still looking for a good price on the Laga 12Y cask strength - the only place that has it for under my magic limit of $100 has it "in store only" and is in Ilinois :(. that stuff is a revelation compared to the 16 or DE!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lagavulin 16 is usually $67-85 here in the states but it's been on sale for $54.99 just recently. I wouldn't be surprised if it were 90-100CHF in Switzerland. I mean a regular bottle of Grey Goose is around 70 CHF if I remember correctly.

Lagavulin 16 is CHF 60,- here (about USD 67,-). Ended up just buying that again because I like it. ...and a bottle of Macallan 12 Sherry Oak out of curiosity, never tried it before.

Thought I'd Pick up something from my Father's Side

Colombia's Rum

20131204_212337_zps8f2ea5d1.jpg

Just picked up the so called "World's Best Whiskey" according to The Whiskey Bible - Glenmorangie Ealanta. I have high hopes for this one but I am not huge on Highlands in general.

Havana Club 7 years, Singapore Duty Free

post-17235-0-59389700-1386309303_thumb.j

ASAMA Single Malt Japan, Karuizawa Distillery.

Bought at Tokyo Station, Hasegawa Liqueur Shop.

This one is discontinued and restrickted to 1 bottle per person.

As I was there with a friend could get 2 out of his last 4 bottles.

post-17235-0-93950700-1386309336_thumb.j

Havana Club 7 years, Singapore Duty Free

post-17235-0-59389700-1386309303_thumb.j

ASAMA Single Malt Japan, Karuizawa Distillery.

Bought at Tokyo Station, Hasegawa Liqueur Shop.

This one is discontinued and restrickted to 1 bottle per person.

As I was there with a friend could get 2 out of his last 4 bottles.

post-17235-0-93950700-1386309336_thumb.j

Nice grabs on the karuizawa. Fantastic I must say. Hope u like it

Just bought this the other day at the local liquor store.

Not my usual choice but I thought I would give it a try.

Has anyone on this forum ever tried this brand?post-8312-0-18524300-1386370823_thumb.jppost-8312-0-18524300-1386370823_thumb.jp

Picked some holiday time rum/rhum libations. Ron Abuelo 12 Gran Reserva, Rhum Clement VSOP, Dogfish Head Wit spiced Rhum, Dictador12 Solara Rum, Fortuna 8 Anos Anejo and Centenario 20 anos.

post-9940-0-38619300-1386436911_thumb.jp