So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

I have to ask - how did you fit so much alcohol into your duty-free allowance, even on two trips?

On my way to the Bahamas I carried 2 bottles of scotch on the plane. When we got to the Bahamas I bought the 2 bottles when we were there, Stuffed those in my luggage on the return along with the 2 I originally bought. When we got to the Bahamas airport we were each allowed to buy 2 bottles each, those we carried on the plane with us. It was no problem at all. The lady at the Duty Free in Bahamas said I can buy as many as I want but there was nothing else I wanted.

Weekend shopping.

post-17235-0-79284500-1393137853_thumb.j

post-17235-0-48729800-1393137864_thumb.j

That's good stuff!

• 2 weeks later...

Got the suggestion from a post I read here the other day, something like "your best whiskey of 2013". Glengoyne 10 y.o. Seems like a few chaps had high praises for it, better than the 12 and the 15.

Having never sampled Glengoyne before I've gotta say, the 10 y.o. is quite lovely, it's like bobbing for apples in a sherry oak cask.