So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

6 hours ago, Baccy said:

Yea I found a nice little honey hole that has quiet a few gems at good values. They also had the 2017 small batch, 2018 130th anniversary, one other small batch vintage that I can't remember off the top of my head, ETL, etc... I should have stocked up and I didn't?

I'm actually looking for a 2017 and 2018 for my son's birth year and the year I became a paramedic! Hopefully the prices are as close to retail as possible! 

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

1 hour ago, Astar20 said:

I'm actually looking for a 2017 and 2018 for my son's birth year and the year I became a paramedic! Hopefully the prices are as close to retail as possible! 

Hah, I don't know what retail is anymore, lol... I know what msrp is but I've never found any rare bottles(like pappy) at msrp. I'm not even sure that exists, unless you live in a lotto state and happen to actually win one. Maybe Prodigy can answer that because I don't live in one of those states. These prices were very fair, lower than anything I've found anywhere else including online...

• Like 1

On 9/21/2020 at 2:15 AM, Astar20 said:

How about a case or few of wine?  Plenty of wine choices in both dry and fortified that would be a good heirloom and or something to drink over the decades.

On 9/30/2020 at 10:02 AM, Astar20 said:

Michters toasted barrel rye 

20200928_175447.jpg

I saw this the other day on a shelf, been wondering if I should have snagged it. Any good/hard to find? I know nothing about Michters.

• Like 1

Definitely grab it, it's tasty and if you get it at retail it's going for 2.5x it's retail price on secondary but I am drinking it great pour! 

38 minutes ago, Islandboy said:

I saw this the other day on a shelf, been wondering if I should have snagged it. Any good/hard to find? I know nothing about Michters.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Islandboy said:

there is some stuff on michters in kenfessions. also, https://quillandpad.com/2019/07/23/michters-kentucky-bourbon-plus-the-difference-between-whiskey-whisky-and-bourbon/

grab whatever you can. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Baccy said:

I might have to pick up a bottle of that Michter's Rye. What about their Toasted Barrel Bourbon? How does it stack up?

Their bourbon is okay, the best one is the rye, and I'm not a huge rye fan but it's one I will buy and drink. The rye takes the cake. 

I heard the toasted barrel bourbon is the best one. Its not the same as their standard one, and its almost impossible to find. The 10 year is pretty good, but other stuff is better for the price.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, prodigy said:

I heard the toasted barrel bourbon is the best one. Its not the same as their standard one, and its almost impossible to find. The 10 year is pretty good, but other stuff is better for the price.

I've had both and I liked the rye better, and I prefer Elijah Craig toasted barrel over michters, the michters was hot and spicy. But their rye toasted was so good! But definitely better stuff out there than the 10 year

11 hours ago, prodigy said:

I believe it... There's one in the cabinet at one of my local shops and he has some UNGODLY price on it... I'd like to try the stuff, but I will bide my time, lol.

I've had both and I liked the rye better, and I prefer Elijah Craig toasted barrel over michters, the michters was hot and spicy. But their rye toasted was so good! But definitely better stuff out there than the 10 year
I heard the new Elijah Craig toasted barrel is a huge let down. I know I love the barrel proof for $10 more, so I cant muster the courage to try it.

1 hour ago, prodigy said:

I heard the new Elijah Craig toasted barrel is a huge let down. I know I love the barrel proof for $10 more, so I cant muster the courage to try it.

I enjoyed it very much so don't know if I'll ever go back to drinking regular Elijah Craig again. If you like smores it's very tasty! But Elijah Craig is always so consistent!