So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

53 minutes ago, Bill Hayes said:

A much anticipated new gin from Four Pillars. Will try it out tomorrow for my birthday.

IMG_5544.jpg

bill, happy birthday for tomorrow. 

it is another cracker (although after that sticky carpet horror, the bar was lowered). it featured in a recent video (don't ask me which one). 

• Like 1

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

25 minutes ago, BoliDan said:

Everyone able to find Blantons. Never seen a bottle in my life... I need a distributor hook up.

Honestly the best way to get it atleast here in California is to make friends with store owners, I always get stuff put aside but I'm a loyal customer it's how I'm able to get HTF stuff and allocated bottles. Plus with so many more stores than allocations to go around you got just hunt and get to know the sales reps and when the delivery dates are, that's what has helped me. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/12/2020 at 12:08 AM, BoliDan said:

Everyone able to find Blantons. Never seen a bottle in my life... I need a distributor hook up.

We’ve got it sitting on the shelves where I live. The Gold is there too. I’ll send you one, but I live in Canada. Might take a while.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Frozen North said:

We’ve got it sitting on the shelves where I live. The Gold is there too. I’ll send you one, but I live in Canada. Might take a while.

Ah, thats mighty kind of you. I'm just more complaining about seeing nearly 3 posts in a row with a bottle and me never seeing it. I appreciate the offer, but Im good with waiting around for it to come locally for U.S. MSRP. Luckily BT distillery did a huge expansion, so we should see increase in domestic supply... In 5 years or so. ?

2 hours ago, BoliDan said:

Ah, thats mighty kind of you. I'm just more complaining about seeing nearly 3 posts in a row with a bottle and me never seeing it. I appreciate the offer, but Im good with waiting around for it to come locally for U.S. MSRP. Luckily BT distillery did a huge expansion, so we should see increase in domestic supply... In 5 years or so. ?

Okie Dokee, the offer stands.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Frozen North said:

I'm always looking for more gold or straight from the barrel

Today's haul
20200915_130428.jpg.6c8409d3a1d05f93d146aa2978fee197.jpg
You gotta stop! I'm over here struggling find regular stuff and you get lottery only bottles every other day! Nice score!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, prodigy said:

You gotta stop! I'm over here struggling find regular stuff and you get lottery only bottles every other day! Nice score!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Honestly I just get lucky and haggle until I get what I want at the price I want 

1 minute ago, FatherOfPugs said:

Got a tip about a drop on the way home. Nice little score. 

20200916_201612.jpg.9880391d5677f1173b535d327e3369d6.jpg

You must live in a very skinny part of Texas that doesn't get allocations. But from what I've seen Texas got alot of great allocated stuff. 

1 hour ago, Astar20 said:

You must live in a very skinny part of Texas that doesn't get allocations. But from what I've seen Texas got alot of great allocated stuff. 

Nah, I live in the DFW metroplex. I just can't leave work to stand in line at 7am to wait until a store opens at 10am to get the really allocated stuff that sells out in minutes, e.g., Blanton's, Weller FP, EH Taylor, etc. So, I take what I can get if it's still there on my way home. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Astar20 said:

Soild pick, wish I could still find these sitting on the shelf. Can't wait for 2020 release 

Yea I found a nice little honey hole that has quiet a few gems at good values. They also had the 2017 small batch, 2018 130th anniversary, one other small batch vintage that I can't remember off the top of my head, ETL, etc... I should have stocked up and I didn't?

• Like 1