So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

22 hours ago, Astar20 said:

These two my wife picked up for me 2014 4 roses LE and Willett 6 year family estate rye

Snapchat-1513613354.jpg

Snapchat-772399037.jpg

nice! I just finished off a bottle of the Willett 4 yr Rye and it's very good, so I can only imagine the 6 yr is even better...

• Like 1

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

9 hours ago, maverickdrinker said:

7b13c2870e462558f00deb93ed6464da.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The highlight of this line up!! Ruby is definitely the best out of the 1824 color series! Big score for you! Wish I could find it here

1.75L of Sazerac!!! Haven't seen these in a loooong time!
20201008_172211.jpg.91789bf96fe71b831aca7c0324ce39ac.jpg
I didn't know those existed. Its definitely good but extremely over rated IMO.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, prodigy said:

I didn't know those existed. Its definitely good but extremely over rated IMO.

They did for a short period, years ago. Then when demand went up, they only bottled 750s. With the recent distillery expansions they've upped output. For a 6 yr aged rye, at the price, $39 for a 1.75L, I'll take it any day!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FatherOfPugs said:

They did for a short period, years ago. Then when demand went up, they only bottled 750s. With the recent distillery expansions they've upped output. For a 6 yr aged rye, at the price, $39 for a 1.75L, I'll take it any day!

Even the 1.75L Buffalo trace are allocated now! Hard to get! It's insane 

Had to get another one! 
20201008_080852.jpg.ddeb550eb306b0da15ca67cc7a66fe2b.jpg
I've never seen one in the wild. You must live somewhere that gets quite a solid allocation of HTF stuff

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, prodigy said:

I've never seen one in the wild. You must live somewhere that gets quite a solid allocation of HTF stuff

Loyalty is key, relationships. I've gotten 2 EHT BP, 2020 birthday bourbon, RHF, old Fitz, ETL, blanton's gold. And I'm still not done! California gets allocations just depends on what you want to pay, secondary or slightly above retail

Loyalty is key, relationships. I've gotten 2 EHT BP, 2020 birthday bourbon, RHF, old Fitz, ETL, blanton's gold. And I'm still not done! California gets allocations just depends on what you want to pay, secondary or slightly above retail
All the states I've lived in since getting into bourbon have been ABC controlled states. There are no friendships as everything HTF is lotteried or secretly stolen from the back by employees. My friend entered the pappy lottery for me last year and won a 15 year. Never got a call that it came in. Called about it and was told it never shipped. Followed up again a few weeks later and was told tough luck, try again next year...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, prodigy said:

All the states I've lived in since getting into bourbon have been ABC controlled states. There are no friendships as everything HTF is lotteried or secretly stolen from the back by employees. My friend entered the pappy lottery for me last year and won a 15 year. Never got a call that it came in. Called about it and was told it never shipped. Followed up again a few weeks later and was told tough luck, try again next year...

Yeah we get quite a bit of allocations, but the big stores are shady and the employees play dumb like they don't know what allocations are and they buy them up and put like 2 bottles out on the shelf, and the mom and pop stores charge secondary, but if you're loyal and buy all the less allocated stuff then when they get a the good stuff they sell it to you slightly above retail! But pappys doesn't impress me just like Weller doesn't either. I always tend to sell that stuff. But I've gotten very fortunate this year! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Astar20 said:

Even the 1.75L Buffalo trace are allocated now! Hard to get! It's insane 

Fortunately those aren't allocated here. When stores get shipments, they put them out on the shelf and limit to 1 per person. I actually saw 750mL Buffalo Trace just sitting on the shelf yesterday, grabbed one, about 22 remained. The stores here seem to be getting regular shipments of BT nowadays, not as bad as it once was.

15 hours ago, Astar20 said:

I agree with this. It's the ONLY way to allocated stuff here in DFW unless you want to go and wait in line at Total Wine for hours. I shop at one store and the loyalty has definitely paid off over the years. You're right, you have to buy the non-allocated stuff as well. The mom & pop shops here are just as bad or worse than secondary, $150 for Blanton's, $129 for Weller 107, $149 for Weller FP, and even $109 for Stagg Jr. just insane.

• Like 1