So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

On 7/7/2020 at 4:09 PM, FatherOfPugs said:

Today's find. I really love vacation, and being in a spot that doesn't have flippers and hoarders like DFW. Stuff is actually on the shelf!

20200707_162532.jpg.e83f7614a5e4e8c5e77c74c6e9bcc4a6.jpg

Not a fan this was a huge let down! I still have one unopened that I probably won't open. 

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

On 7/7/2020 at 5:32 AM, BrightonCorgi said:

Baruch Hashem to that.  The Orthodox put a whipping on whiskies.  They'll drink that instead of wine at dinner.

To my surprise it was actually pretty good reminded me of Weller special reserve but a tad bit better 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Astar20 said:

Not a fan this was a huge let down! I still have one unopened that I probably won't open. 

Believe it or not, I feel the same way. I'm glad I found it at retail price. Not even close to worth secondary pricing. New Riff is way better, also much better options for the price.

17 minutes ago, FatherOfPugs said:

Believe it or not, I feel the same way. I'm glad I found it at retail price. Not even close to worth secondary pricing. New Riff is way better, also much better options for the price.

Yes sir I bought it for the age statement and regret it, I tend to try and go after the stuff that no one wants. 

• Like 1

Elmer T Lee and surprisingly I didn't pay secondary for it. 
15943091548331505551772490074344.jpg.ce721169abb9e57d3398e650d324399d.jpg
Everything you've posted would be a lottery only bottle by me. Good scores!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

40 minutes ago, prodigy said:

Everything you've posted would be a lottery only bottle by me. Good scores!

I get super lucky the owner holds bottles for me and gives em to me at msrp. I try and stay away from the van Winkles and etc cause I know if I wait long enough I'll get em at msrp cause the new stock comes on. I've had this ETL and it was kind of a let down. 

On 6/14/2020 at 12:02 AM, Ken Gargett said:

great stuff all round! 

On 6/19/2020 at 10:10 PM, Ken Gargett said:

i remember the early opus one releases (sadly, that old). they were pretty interesting and exciting. i'm not that up with napa vintages so i can't help you but if you are serious, i have a friend who is a maker there - his father was involved with some of the wines which won the famous tasting in paris. i could chase him and ask if you want. 

On 6/19/2020 at 10:53 PM, RicoIsHere said:

Well, I just got the 2016, now I have to hide it from the wife! I don't want to go older, they go up $25.00-$50.00 every year.... I cant locate the 2017. So that would be great!

On 6/19/2020 at 10:56 PM, RicoIsHere said:

That would be great, thanks!

Just got a second 2016. 

Vacation was very good to me! Store pick on the blantons and OWA 107. Finally got my favorite RHF! 
20200717_204840.jpg.ff2508a531c1f12e0a1420610e884885.jpg
20200717_200821.jpg.7ebd5a80c425cc1e95a49c0307dd1b5b.jpg
That is quite the score! All those are solid performers!

7 minutes ago, prodigy said:

That is quite the score! All those are solid performers!

Super excited for the B520 and smoke wagon small batch! Heard Caribou crossing is blanton's of the north, and I won a raffle for a store pick 8 year smoke wagon! 

• Like 1

Super excited for the B520 and smoke wagon small batch! Heard Caribou crossing is blanton's of the north, and I won a raffle for a store pick 8 year smoke wagon! 
I just opened a b520 yesterday. Its good, better than some of the ones since 18.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, prodigy said:

I just opened a b520 yesterday. Its good, better than some of the ones since 18.

My collection is looking pretty nice after that haul! Still need some more allocated stuff but I'll get it in time without paying secondary 

I really liked c919. I think I’ll grab this one too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk