So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

3 hours ago, yadegari6 said:

Awesome find, hope it was worth the hunt

Most definitely! I finally found it and got a discount on it after the bourbon war 4 year and bourbon country were great! I preferred them over the Weller special reserve! Great price and great bourbon

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FatherOfPugs said:

Scored a Booker's today while out running a few errands, also decided to grab the new Four Roses Small Batch Select (see what the fuss is all about).

77621892_FourRosesBookers.jpg.5d6e00b8f11db7c00d7f109a2eafe266.jpg

Beatin biscuits is delicious definitely better than this year's release, grannys batch but country ham blew was the best one since Kentucky chew! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

interesting one. we see some dictador but have never seen anything like that from them. 

I had to buy it online, they don’t even carry the 12 or 20 year in Ohio. I believe they did 7-10 of these best of series ranging from the mid 70’s to mid 80’s

9 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

great stuff all round! 

Ken, I enjoy wine and that Opus is noticeably better then so many I've tried. The fruit is quite intense but balanced. This is the 2015,  I'm going to search for the 2016 because I read it was much better. That'll be my wife's birthday wine. 

On 6/8/2020 at 2:52 PM, FatherOfPugs said:

Scored a Booker's today while out running a few errands, also decided to grab the new Four Roses Small Batch Select (see what the fuss is all about).

77621892_FourRosesBookers.jpg.5d6e00b8f11db7c00d7f109a2eafe266.jpg

Where did you find bookers? Local or chain?

Ken, I enjoy wine and that Opus is noticeably better then so many I've tried. The fruit is quite intense but balanced. This is the 2015,  I'm going to search for the 2016 because I read it was much better. That'll be my wife's birthday wine. 
I was just about to ask what vintage was the Opus... Have you tried the 13?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

On 6/14/2020 at 11:35 PM, RicoIsHere said:

i remember the early opus one releases (sadly, that old). they were pretty interesting and exciting. i'm not that up with napa vintages so i can't help you but if you are serious, i have a friend who is a maker there - his father was involved with some of the wines which won the famous tasting in paris. i could chase him and ask if you want. 

40 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

i remember the early opus one releases (sadly, that old). they were pretty interesting and exciting. i'm not that up with napa vintages so i can't help you but if you are serious, i have a friend who is a maker there - his father was involved with some of the wines which won the famous tasting in paris. i could chase him and ask if you want. 

Well, I just got the 2016, now I have to hide it from the wife! I don't want to go older, they go up $25.00-$50.00 every year.... I cant locate the 2017. So that would be great!

1 minute ago, RicoIsHere said:

Well, I just got the 2016, now I have to hide it from the wife! I don't want to go older, they go up $25.00-$50.00 every year.... I cant locate the 2017. So that would be great!

i will put an email in and let you know if/what i hear. 

47 minutes ago, Baccy said:

I was just about to ask what vintage was the Opus... Have you tried the 13?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That was 2015. First time I tried it. Had a Cohiba Esplendido. went well together, but I preferred the 23yo scotch...