FOH'ers Daily Smoke

San Cristobal El Principe yesterday. Quite nice cigar.

Quai d'Orsay Gran Corona today. Plain tobacco taste with light herbal vanilla cream. Some cedar and cafe latte in the end and a hint of honey in the very end. Truly an excellent cigar!

• Replies 87.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

Haven't posted my daily smokes in a long time, but today's was special- my first from a REC MAY 01 box of Partagas 898s. This just might be the strongest post 95 regular production Cuban cigar I've ever smoked. And not just strong, but very smooth & with great flavor. What a revelation. :perfect10:

Wow and May 01 Steve? That must have been a surprise, no? Does the box's aroma at cold blow you away or was it a complete shocker?

Nothing as of yet today but definitely something good this evening. i've got 4 lbs of bone in short ribs and home made BBQ sauce in the slow cooker. That will be served with a blend of kale, collards, mustard greens and onions.

I posted the recipe a while back...

http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=107034&st=0&p=244368&hl=+short%20+ribs&fromsearch=1entry244368

First ever Bolivar (god knows why it has taken so long) Petit Belicoso LE 2009 - I loved it rich and full and El presidente's chocolate sponge is spot on...got uite rich, will buy some and keep another 18months to years...good stuff. I know the size has it's detractors but I like its full rich smoke with no need for jaw ache...

Smoking my very first La Glorica Cubana Medaille d'Or Number 3 from 2001 gifted to me by a BOTL.

I have to say that I am loving this cigar! I love skinnies.

The price on these is pretty cheap too...around $130 a box. Seems like a great deal. I am certainly going to pick up a box or two!

Anyone else have any experience with these?

Saturday...

HU PC while out and about driving in the morning

Cohiba Genios in the afternoon

Siglo Six just before watching the England - Argentina game on TV.

Great smokes, rugby wasn't the greatest though.

Sunday...

RASCC in morning around home

RASS just before the SA - Wales game at the local stadium.

Party short after I got home.

All pretty good, although the RASS did start a little 'off' but it finished well. The rugby was some of the best, if not THE best, I've seen all year at the stadium. Such a shame Wales couldn't hold out against the bokkies.

Punch Nothern lights while watching sunday night football pre-game show. I am not going on to a PSP2 and watch my Jets destroy them cowgirls.

First ever RyJ Cazadores. Picked up a single at the LCDH while perusing TIFF for celebrities. Missed seeing Bono by a few minutes. Lots of craziness going on. Back to the cigar. Fairly linear smoke but very tasty and tangy. Trademark RyJ "cherrywood" flavours. Got some pepper, coffee grounds, oak, spice cake and some beaniness on a few draws. I think I'll need a box of two to lay down. :ok:

RyJ Coronita en Cedro:

I have enjoyed this cigar many times while sitting by a campfire late into the night. I have come to associate it with rich dark fruitcake.

From an April 2010 box: The first few I tried from this box were not enjoyable at all and left half smoked or yet tossed before the first third was done. Tried again today and had a reasonably good smoking experience. Medium dark brown wrapper, but dog-ugly, pimply, wrapper. Just right draw. Earthy tobacco with a hint of sweetness at cold. Very good burn. Flavours are woody hinting a bit at cedar, some coriander and nutmeg as well. Spicy. Also an underlying sweetness that has yet to emerge fully. Rating: 85 to 87.

I am led to understand that these inexpensive (hand finished?)cigars need several years to mellow and come together. My experience with this box certainly suggests that it is evolving. Hoping for a good supply for next year's camping seasons.

On Saturday i smoked an 08 el principe at Kaz's place, and it was great.

on Sunday at a buddies in Ontario i smoked an 06 Ediction Regional Alemania that was amazing, then some vegueros that was so delicious, but the draw was too tight to be able to get any smoke :( - Then driving from MIssissauga to Brockville i smoked an ryj churchill that was crap

The good always outweighs the bad! :)

I finished off Sunday night at Casa Fuente with an Opus X double corona. That size is exclusive to them and like most Opus X's, it packs a punch. Not a great burn but a very good cigar.

Enjoyed a HDM LE Piramide on Saturday night....finished these off. All of these were great. Construction, burn, draw...they went through various periods from great to mediocre, but they finished strong. Sunday morning a HDM DC from 07 with my morning coffee.Lovely smoke....cedar, wood, touch of white pepper and a tanginess akin to an orange liquor towards the back end.

Just finishing the first third of a lovely bolivar corona gigante. I can't say much for the appearance of this stick, it was a bit rough but is smoking very well.

Had a Bolivar CE for breakfast perfect size format hate to see these go. And just finished a Skull and Bones Fat Man after halftime of Dolphins game to lower my blood pressure Brady killing us with no huddle and two TE formation. If you like chocolate and leather definitely pick up some skull and bones not the ass kicker everyone makes them out to be.