• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

Mag 46 HQ during MNF, this cigar deleivers once again, and the skins covered the spread and under 45 pts so a very good night for me :D

Enjoyed a lovely Trinidad Fundadore. I think the box code is IKR SEP 05. The burn, draw and construction were flawless. The smoke alternated between medium to full bodied. With 6 years of age, the strength of this cigar took me by surprise a little. There was the ever present grassy, creamy core to this smoke with some hints of pepper, nuts and subtle chocolate and honey. I know many people are divided on these, but this was a very good smoke. And they still have years ahead of them.

Quai D'Orcay Corona ROTT.

Wrapper and construction: couple of shades darker than the band, bumpy as if shrink wrapped around the filler, soft spots. Super easy draw created some anxiety about possible tunneling. I had a feeling that the cigar was perhaps a bit on the dry side. A very easy light might be confirmation.

Aroma at cold: sweet tobacco and spice behind barnyard.

First third: a dry spicy (hot)burn at first with good volume of light smoke right away. After a bit the flavours started to emerge; something baked with peanuts and butter but with a fruit sweetness. Perhaps it's the early fall evening but I settled on dried apples chips. Made me want to get a glass of Calvados as a pairing. Enjoying the Quai D immensely. Apart from a half cm stretch where it seemed I was drawing on air, the cigar burned evenly if a bit fast.

Second third: flavours are tumbling around now as if not sure what they want to express. A core of wood or fresh fallen leaves, nuts, and at one point a blast of all-spice. Yes it must be the fall weather; is that pumpkin pie hiding in the wood core? The smoke is smooth and full. I'm thinking it is time to switch from Calvados to a rich brown ale. All is so very good - loving this. The burn has slowed down considerably.

Last third: the wood core remains, as do the hints of fruit and spice sweetness, but they are much harder to find because the smoke has become very heavy and dense (reminds me of the Parti 898). The experience has become all about the texture of the smoke now. Time for a dark sweetened coffee I think. What an evolution. :thumbsup:

Enjoyed the last couple Behike 54s with my dad last night. Flawless burn, draw and construction. After smoking a Trinidad Funi the other night the Behike 54 posed a challenge for my jaw to the point it was a little uncomfortable. For the first half, the smoke was moderately complex. It did pick up in the second half. Very creamy with notes of leather and wood and hint of sweetness, like chocolate. I've found them all incredibly smooth cigars, which makes adds a lot to the experience. It was a very nice smoke, but I can't say that it is miles ahead of some of the other regulars in the humidor.

Just finished a RA Superiores from a Mar '11 box. Really great mild start but got bitter towards the end. I'm guessing the '10s are a little more evened out at this point, I hope mine will get there before I finish the box :P

Opus X corona gorda size. No idea the official name, but it was strong, leathery and delicious.

I believe that would be the Opus X Fuente Fuente. Quite a strong stick.