• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Raskol

• Lotusguy

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

I am a sucker for jars, so I may still pick one up each, even though I don't care for either of the two sticks :rolleyes:. I found both the Boli and the JL simply too bland and boring. The JL at least looks nice...

Same here, buying way to many LE's and RE's these days. See myself buying a JL Jar, only had a few singles of them so far, did like em. The Boli was to light and I don't see much potential in them anyways...

This weekend:

SLR Regios - a bit gritty, non-cubanesque? Draw ok but would not stay lit. Left in ashtray at halfway mark. 85

H Upmann Conni #1 - SPICY on the first third, then powdered cocoa, then dark chocolate with a touch of sweetness. 89-90. Will revisit this one.

ERdM Choix Supreme. Hard draw, thin smoke production. I am patient. Got peanut butter for flavor. Having trouble keeping it lit - I'm not that patient. Left in ashtray with two thirds remaining. Dud. Need to inspect my storage as both the Regios and CS came from the same singles box. Both digital hygros show 65, but perhaps humidity is not even in the bin.

RASS - very nice in every respect. Can't put my finger on the flavors but they were pleasant. 89

This afternoon I had my first RA Allones Extra EL 11 and I'd have to say I wasn't very impressed. The draw was pretty tight untill the last 3cm or so, not much smoke volume and pretty "thin" on the Tounge. Everyone here raves about them but I dont see what the fuss is about. I'm sure the tightness wasn't the norm and I'll try another before I write them off. I still find the RASS or the Gigantes way better.

Winding down after a zero-cigar weekend with what used to be an old NC favourite of mine, the Flor de Copan Belicosos. Still a very nice cigar from construction POV and it looks really nice. Plenty of smoke, but while a few years in my humi has softened the sharp corners it has also become bland. Paired it with a Staropramen and some Japanese whisky, the name of which gets replaced by asterisks every time I write it here. Odd.

First cook out of the season with a nice SLR Series A from 08. It was from my friends box, and I have to say it was much better when we smoked them two years ago when they were relatively fresh. But none of the less a pretty solid smoke in a great size, might get a box.

Punch Petit Corona Del Punch - OPM OCT 09 - Just received last week and couldn't resist. Wrapper was a little rough and it felt a little moist believe it or not after it's long journey across the world, but smoked like a dream. No touch ups at all. Delicious creamy tobacco for the 1/3, followed by a nutty toasted flavour and finishing with am earthy, peppery blast. A great smoke to end a great day of celebrating my daughter's first birthday. :cigar:

Punch Petit Corona Del Punch - OPM OCT 09 - Just received last week and couldn't resist. Wrapper was a little rough and it felt a little moist believe it or not after it's long journey across the world, but smoked like a dream. No touch ups at all. Delicious creamy tobacco for the 1/3, followed by a nutty toasted flavour and finishing with am earthy, peppery blast. A great smoke to end a great day of celebrating my daughter's first birthday. :cigar:

Oh yeah. I have an '08 box which I just finished. Smoked great just as you describe it. The nutty, roasted, earthy flavor all mixed together... it comes together as I call it toasted graham cracker. I need to get another couple boxes of these :cigar:

Happy Bday to your little girl

Just sat down to relax after dinner with a RASS from ABR 07. Man, these are great. I am just going to have to get me a cab of these, as my box is now down to an even dozen... Paired it with a splash of Laphroaig (standard 10 yo) and a Bishop's Finger.