• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Raskol

• Lotusguy

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

Another two smoke evening for me!  A Bolivar Incenses from '07, it was a great smoke but I had real draw issues with it!  I shall have to have another one @Sunsmoke!  Then I ended up dragging a Grand Edmundo out of storage from a LAG OCT-10 box! Hope you are all well!

IMG_3022.JPG

IMG_3025.JPG

• Like 3

Had this Epi2 last night for the first time and was just amazed by how beautiful and complex the flavors were while still maintaining a medium body. I think that what impresses me most about a good CC is the ability to give you such smooth yet rich and complex flavors that pair beautifully with something like a Pinot Noir or any med-bodied Red and not overpower your palate at the end of it. 2 hours later and no aftertaste in my mouth.

Super impressed with the HdM Epi2. Glad I ordered a box last week before trying this one!

IMG_9274.jpg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, rxavier1979 said:

Had this Epi2 last night for the first time and was just amazed by how beautiful and complex the flavors were while still maintaining a medium body. I think that what impresses me most about a good CC is the ability to give you such smooth yet rich and complex flavors that pair beautifully with something like a Pinot Noir or any med-bodied Red and not overpower your palate at the end of it. 2 hours later and no aftertaste in my mouth.

Super impressed with the HdM Epi2. Glad I ordered a box last week before trying this one!

IMG_9274.jpg

Was it a recent cigar or did it have some age on it? They are pretty good fresh but give them time and the Hoyo cream really comes out. 

25 minutes ago, Bohn007 said:

Was it a recent cigar or did it have some age on it?

It was from Rob's New to Cubans Sampler pack so I can't say for sure. I'd guess maybe a 15 or 16 cigar.

26 minutes ago, Bohn007 said:

They are pretty good fresh but give them time and the Hoyo cream really comes out. 

That's what I hear. I just ordered a box that I'm splitting with a buddy, but if they taste anything like this one did, I'll have to order another one soon to hold me over while the others rest. I unfortunately don't possess that kind of will power...

59 minutes ago, rxavier1979 said:

That's what I hear. I just ordered a box that I'm splitting with a buddy, but if they taste anything like this one did, I'll have to order another one soon to hold me over while the others rest. I unfortunately don't possess that kind of will power...

You might want to just get it over and start thinking about buying more storage. Sounds like you are hooked and the only remedy is if your loved ones start hiding your credit cards

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bohn007 said:

It was tunneling on you? 

Bohn, not truly.  It was, but as far as I could tell, because of the damn wrapper.  I could blast it with a jet lighter for 3-5 seconds and still not get it to flame up; never seen anything like it.  Thick, leathery, wrapper is all I can say.  This only being a box of ten, let's hope it doesn't have another dud.  Oh and, first RA, so not a great first impression...  

Tonight, a HdM du Depute (OMS March 16):

7b01b5655170a13e0ac4d5489cdab9ff.jpg

33 minutes ago, Aardwolf said:

Bohn, not truly.  It was, but as far as I could tell, because of the damn wrapper.  I could blast it with a jet lighter for 3-5 seconds and still not get it to flame up; never seen anything like it.  Thick, leathery, wrapper is all I can say.  This only being a box of ten, let's hope it doesn't have another dud.  Oh and, first RA, so not a great first impression...  

Not sure how much time you gave it to acclimate or what Rh you have stored them at but mine have been wonderful. 

Just now, Bohn007 said:

Not sure how much time you gave it to acclimate or what Rh you have stored them at but mine have been wonderful. 

This is why I didn't respond the first time.  40 days to acclimate, conditions have worked well so far, so let's just chalk it up as a dud.

Partagas D4, decent but no regius orchant selection(the Nicaraguan D4) I find D4's need good age on them before they really hit their stride. This one was from late 15, it needed a few more years.

20161107_135045.jpg