• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Raskol

• Lotusguy

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

I'm sure we will be seeing plenty of FOH ashtrays soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll definitely be getting one!
  • Like 1

2011 Upmann Connie #1. I actually smoked two of these. The first one had been at 69% for months. I removed it to a 63% last weekend then it spent the morning on the counter at 30% or so. The first third was terrible. Almost chucked it. Dry, dirty smoke. The second third was average but not good. I grabbed another out of the 69% box and it was fantastic. None of the attributes of the prior. This has now happened to me twice, both results were the same (the first bad one was dry boxed a few days). If you have these I'd be interested in knowing your thoughts though I won't be smoking any others unless they come directly out of 69%.

post-28697-0-05929000-1454109154_thumb.j

• Like 2

A couple of new boxes opened up in the last couple of days.

HDM EPI 2 OMR MAY 15

MONTY 4 MAE OCT 14

Both very good for being so young. Should both be good to enjoy slowly.

Highly recommended by a friend - he usually hates these (and I'm not a fan either) but he tried one from the same box at LCDH Stuttgart so I picked up a single. 2013 date code. It's as good as the best D4s I had so far but still not a 95 cigar.

cb7e7b2d3ddb19e23f00c618551bd554.jpg

• Like 4

Cigars I've enjoyed over the Christmas/New Year break...

1) Partagas Corona (Thanks Will). Alas, these are now gone but this was still medium to full-bodied with that leather and Partagas pepper in there (but not as much as a Serie D No.4).

attachicon.gif2015-12-16 20.34.00.jpg

2) Ramon Allones Superiores (Thanks Rob). This one just hit the spot after a long day. Stewed fruit, coffee, leather, tobacco and a little chocolate and pepper on the nose, I can't get enough of these fantastic corona gorda cigars.

attachicon.gif2015-12-16 21.20.06.jpg

3) Hoyo de Monterrey Short Hoyo Piramides EL 2011 (Thanks Alex). I had this one a wet Sydney night (December and January has been unseasonably wet this year) so the draw was a little tight but this was typical of a Limited Edition release in that it was stronger and richer in flavour than a normal mild Hoyo de Monterrey cigar. Leather, coffee, tobacco and cedar and nowhere as creamy as a standard HdM.

attachicon.gif2015-12-21 23.13.24.jpg

4) Montecristo No.2 BLP Mar 2008. An aged Montecristo No.2 that smoked well and was full of flavour, what more can one ask for? Cocoa, leather, nut, coffee, tobacco in spades, but it was only my second decent Monte No.2 in the last few months. It pays to get quality Monte No.2's and 4's!

attachicon.gif2015-12-26 08.16.44.jpg

5) Partagas Serie D No.4 (Thanks Steve). When they are 5 or 6 years old like this you know it will deliver and this certainly did as it the strength was medium to medium-full and the pepper was refined throughout. A pleasant mix of wood, leather, tobacco, cream and a hint of cocoa (with the aforementioned pepper).

attachicon.gif2015-12-26 10.22.26.jpg

6) Diplomatico No.4 (Thanks Kam). I did a detailed review on this recently as I enjoyed it so much. What a shame it's gone as it is a unique cinnamon/nutmeg and roasted nuts flavour sensation and was well-constructed too.

attachicon.gif2015-12-30 21.38.29.jpg

7) Montecristo Media Corona OPG Abr 2015. When you want a full-bodied 30 minute cigar this is the one to go for, together with the H.Upmann Half Corona. Like the Half Corona, it's full-bodied, only more like a typically Montecristo-profiled leather, tobacco, cocoa and earth offering. It's okay for a change of pace, but personally I think I'd prefer a Montecristo No.5 for the same amount of smoking time.

attachicon.gif2016-01-01 11.58.52.jpg

8) San Cristobal de La Habana El Principe EML Feb 2015. One of my 'go-to' cigars and this box code has been smoking brilliantly. I can't get enough of that sweet molasses, cocoa, coffee and spice goodness!

attachicon.gif2016-01-04 10.25.34.jpg

Glad to hear that RA Superior is smoking well,got a box from Rob around Christmas.... Might be time to sample one now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk