Please prove me wrong (that LCDHs aren't selling Non-Cuban Cigars currently)

I have yet to see LCDHs selling non Cubans anywhere on their websites around the world.  Does one have to visit their physical locations to buy non Cubans?  If so, are they hidden in the shops?  If anyone has pictures or videos of LCDHs selling non Cubans, I would greatly appreciate it, for I still believe LCDHs only sell Cubans, even though I was told I was wrong in the forum. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The LCDH in Grand Cayman had a gentleman rolling cigars just inside the doorway. They looked beautiful. A customer asked about the tobacco being used for these cigars, which were available to purchase

Now get some rest @VeguerosMAN. You'll need it for this next round of threads!

I don’t want to name specific shops or retailers. But around where I am and countries I travel to, one of two scenarios seems to be happening: -1- Prior LDCH’s have changed their name / bran

I have seen them in a separate walk-in with machine made Habanos and odd balls like Regionals.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BrightonCorgi said:

I have seen them in a separate walk-in with machine made Habanos and odd balls like Regionals.

But I guess they don't advertise Non Cubans on their websites, correct?

I don’t want to name specific shops or retailers. But around where I am and countries I travel to, one of two scenarios seems to be happening:

-1-

Prior LDCH’s have changed their name / branding and now sell non Cubans in parallel. La Casa Del Tobaco, quietly removing the LCDH branding, etc.

-2-

They continue to have the branding but a section of the humidor is now Non-Cubans. Some retailers will put this online. Most seem not to. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, VeguerosMAN said:

But I guess they don't advertise Non Cubans on their websites, correct?

*Well, I would imagine it would be the same as a luxury swank steak site advertising their Wagyu and Kobe beef steaks adding hot dogs on their website for sale too.

• Like 1

• JohnS changed the title to Please prove me wrong (that LCDHs aren't selling Non-Cuban Cigars currently)

It became the norm to sell Non-Cubans but not on display. I don’t blame them though. Some of these shops have high rent to pay. It is very unfortunate to walk into a humidor with the no stock. Given the recent articles around the German market, which has a lot of LCDH, I wonder how the market will transform there.

• Like 1

They dont have a price advantage in selling NC online. 

+

There is rarely a scarcity issue with the NC they can access.

The juice isn't worth the squeeze 

• Like 2

I had written about this as well last spring. I was in Cancun at the LCDH and they had unbanded cigars that were “cuban leaf tobacco”. They were really good, and about half price, but I was surprised to see them in there. 

• Like 1

They do sell non-Cubans next to Cubans. Stock getting better, but I feel like they don’t want to get burnt again. The LCDH employee told me I can’t have an empty shop and the people at Habanos know this.

• Like 1

Seems like Non Cubans are like off the menu items at LCDHs. Perhaps the Habano festivals will be in Nicaragua or DR in the future. 

• Haha 1

Out here in Asia, I have seen one or two LCDHs selling NCs but usually it’s a very small selection and focused on the “higher end” of the NC market (though oddly enough, never Padron). 

• Like 1

I would be livid if I am paying for an LCDH franchise in a top rent location and the company I pay fees to cannot supply the inventory to make it a viable business. 

Could there be a breach of service contract in there somehow?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrightonCorgi said:

I would be livid if I am paying for an LCDH franchise in a top rent location and the company I pay fees to cannot supply the inventory to make it a viable business. 

Could there be a breach of service contract in there somehow?

This is ALL NEW to me as I thought LCDHs were owned by the Cuban government. 

8 hours ago, VeguerosMAN said:

This is ALL NEW to me as I thought LCDHs were owned by the Cuban government. 

They are independent businesses that are "supposed to be" supplied by Habanos S.A. Just like Rolex authorized dealers/boutiques are independently owned and licensed to sell Rolex timepieces. Do you know what they share in common? Empty storefront shelves! LOL 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Cigarsmoker81 said:

Our local lcdh hides them in the cabinet and when asked they bring them out…

Off the menu hidden treasures.

21 hours ago, Devo15 said:

I had written about this as well last spring. I was in Cancun at the LCDH and they had unbanded cigars that were “cuban leaf tobacco”. They were really good, and about half price, but I was surprised to see them in there. 

May have been Reynaldo, formerly of Conde Villanueva rolling them. 

LCDH in Dubai in October 2023 had more Non Cuban than Cuban (if you don't count the short). Interestingly few days prior to my visit a well known Instagramer was filming this same place filled with everything you could wish for. It happened the same to a buddy of mine. It's just show. Kirby is a baby player in that area. Shops are empty but making it look full.