Please prove me wrong (that LCDHs aren't selling Non-Cuban Cigars currently)

22 hours ago, Devo15 said:

I had written about this as well last spring. I was in Cancun at the LCDH and they had unbanded cigars that were “cuban leaf tobacco”. They were really good, and about half price, but I was surprised to see them in there. 

The best LCDH stocked ever was the one in Cancun in July 2023. Name it, find it. Amazing. The lady wasn't friendly though. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The LCDH in Grand Cayman had a gentleman rolling cigars just inside the doorway. They looked beautiful. A customer asked about the tobacco being used for these cigars, which were available to purchase

Now get some rest @VeguerosMAN. You'll need it for this next round of threads!

I don’t want to name specific shops or retailers. But around where I am and countries I travel to, one of two scenarios seems to be happening: -1- Prior LDCH’s have changed their name / bran

23 hours ago, Lunettesman said:

LCDH in Dubai in October 2023 had more Non Cuban than Cuban (if you don't count the short). Interestingly few days prior to my visit a well known Instagramer was filming this same place filled with everything you could wish for. It happened the same to a buddy of mine. It's just show. Kirby is a baby player in that area. Shops are empty but making it look full. 

Kirby has no place in Dubai. Jasim Ahmed rules Dubai. Looks like the place is filled with cigars.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Lunettesman said:

LCDH in Dubai in October 2023 had more Non Cuban than Cuban (if you don't count the short). Interestingly few days prior to my visit a well known Instagramer was filming this same place filled with everything you could wish for. It happened the same to a buddy of mine. It's just show. Kirby is a baby player in that area. Shops are empty but making it look full. 

Sounds like somebody who is a magician creating an "illusion", hoping you don't peek behind the black curtain!😁

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, VeguerosMAN said:

Kirby has no place in Dubai. Jasim Ahmed rules Dubai. Looks like the place is filled with cigars.

I invite you to go and see for yourself. Hot chicks are being photoshopped on Instagram, cigars shop are being filled with box from customer s vault for a shooting and back to the vault. Quickly replaced by tons of shorts and Arturo Fuentes. But yeah, every time that dude post on IG it seems the shop is full...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lunettesman said:

I invite you to go and see for yourself. Hot chicks are being photoshopped on Instagram, cigars shop are being filled with box from customer s vault for a shooting and back to the vault. Quickly replaced by tons of shorts and Arturo Fuentes. But yeah, every time that dude post on IG it seems the shop is full...

I think Jasim promotes Fuente cigars in Dubai, especially Opus X.

The New Zealand LCDH in Auckland, named Havana House, has sold "SO Cigars" (Nicaraguan) and currently have "Confidenciaal" for sale on their website. The Melbourne one sells the same brands, along with Davidoff and some cheaper infused stuff like Tatiana

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jamie117 said:

The New Zealand LCDH in Auckland, named Havana House, has sold "SO Cigars" (Nicaraguan) and currently have "Confidenciaal" for sale on their website. The Melbourne one sells the same brands, along with Davidoff and some cheaper infused stuff like Tatiana

Hmmm, so they can change the name of the business whenever they want from LCDH to Havana House?

Well Mitch's and Ajay's web sites have NC listed. Mitch's business has many, many stores though only a couple are LCDH. Ajay has one LCDH store, with the banner on the shop front, and it's website certainly sells NC. Then there's JJFox LCDH, but again I don't think the site distinguishes between the LCDH and the other store.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ha_banos said:

Well Mitch's and Ajay's web sites have NC listed. Mitch's business has many, many stores though only a couple are LCDH. Ajay has one LCDH store, with the banner on the shop front, and it's website certainly sells NC. Then there's JJFox LCDH, but again I don't think the site distinguishes between the LCDH and the other store.

Just checked out Ajay's web site, and It doesn't have the LCDH label. My guess is that you can change the name and still be considered as a LCDH franchise.

10 hours ago, VeguerosMAN said:

Just checked out Ajay's web site, and It doesn't have the LCDH label. My guess is that you can change the name and still be considered as a LCDH franchise

Not the lounge at Cavendish. The Teddington place. Still says LCDH in the about and address.

5 hours ago, ha_banos said:

Not the lounge at Cavendish. The Teddington place. Still says LCDH in the about and address.

So he sells LCDH London CCs for his website which has a different name, correct? 

3 hours ago, VeguerosMAN said:

So he sells LCDH London CCs for his website which has a different name, correct? 

No. He has two stores. Two different brands effectively. One is an LCDH, one isn't.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2024 at 1:28 PM, VeguerosMAN said:

Hmmm, so they can change the name of the business whenever they want from LCDH to Havana House?

It strikes me as odd how hard you're trying to refute what's being told to you. The fact is, to answer your question, yes official LCDH stores are selling non-Cuban cigars, openly, on their websites and in-person.

As for this reply - Havana House is just the English translation of LCDH. They still have all the LCDH branding in their store, they've just chosen to name the store in English. It's an official store. Nothing strange going on.

You obviously were trying to prove some point that LCDH stores never openly sell NCs (which I feel has been thoroughly debunked here). I question why you were so stubborn on that point?

5 hours ago, Jamie117 said:

It strikes me as odd how hard you're trying to refute what's being told to you. The fact is, to answer your question, yes official LCDH stores are selling non-cuban cigars, openly, on their websites and in-person.

As for this reply - Havana House is just the English translation of LCDH. They still have all the LCDH branding in their store, they've just chosen to name the store in English. It's an official store. Nothing strange going on.

You obviously were trying to prove some point that LCDH stores never openly sell NCs (which I feel has been thoroughly debunked here). I question why you were so stubborn on that point?

Because I have yet to see LCDH websites selling NCs with pictures. I now notice that their websites can have a different name other than LCDH to sell NCs. I am in the US, so I don't know all the ins and outs about LCDHs and their logo rights. I had no idea Havana House was a part of LCDHs.

On 5/8/2024 at 7:28 AM, BrightonCorgi said:

Could there be a breach of service contract in there somehow?

Only if there was an express or demonstrably implied warranty of delivery volume, at least according to the common law. And in any case suing them might not get you far because I suspect HSA reserved the right to terminated the franchise without cause. Disclaimer: There could be a number of statutory protections available.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, VeguerosMAN said:

Because I have yet to see LCDH websites selling NCs with pictures. I now notice that their websites can have a different name other than LCDH to sell NCs. I am in the US, so I don't know all the ins and outs about LCDHs and their logo rights. I had no idea Havana House was a part of LCDHs.

Many parts of the world don't allow *any* cigars to be sold with pictures or branding, NZ and Aus being two of them. There are no pictures of the Cubans OR the non Cubans on the Havana House website - I don't see how that makes it any less true and clear that they're selling them openly?

I don't mean to be rude, but you're coming off as though there's no level of proof that will convince you, you're looking for your bias to be confirmed. Multiple people in this thread have given you explicit, searchable examples of NCs being sold online and in-person by officially licenced LCDH stores, yet you've replied to each one as though it's not enough to sway you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jamie117 said:

Many parts of the world don't allow *any* cigars to be sold with pictures or branding, NZ and Aus being two of them. There are no pictures of the Cubans OR the non Cubans on the Havana House website - I don't see how that makes it any less true and clear that they're selling them openly?

I don't mean to be rude, but you're coming off as though there's no level of proof that will convince you, you're looking for your bias to be confirmed. Multiple people in this thread have given you explicit, searchable examples of NCs being sold online and in-person by officially licenced LCDH stores, yet you've replied to each one as though it's not enough to sway you.

Havahavana. Not Havana house. Different operations.

It is all very confusing lol.

2 hours ago, Jamie117 said:

I'm talking about Havana House in New Zealand, which is an LCDH and have simply decided to go by the English translation of La Casa Del Habano.

It's all confusing. I am certain that LCDHs sell Non Cubans. I only searched LCDH websites, and didn't know they were other names associated with LCDH. Yes, my question was answered that one must go to physical locations to find NCs, not through most websites. That's all.