Kirby in Cuba

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry this popped up. Only fair to add here! 🤭

To my mind, anyone who produces content for our hobby should be celebrated. Well....if that content is accurate. Now the content may not be to our personal taste but it doesn't really matter. God

Well...I only watched the episode where he had good guests. In his last video with the Sahakians in Cuba, he is showing them a BGM, a Bolivar DC and a Behike. Needless to say he smoked the Behike and

4 hours ago, 99call said:

I did reference my respect in a separate comment.  I.e.  respect to him for having a passion, and producing material. 

It seems to be making him happy, and thats the most important thing.    I just don't understand dandy's and they really creep me out.     Whether it be that Jasim fellow, Kirby or the Foulkes clan,  the cigar world seem to attract them, and I just don't get it. 

It's definitely uncomfortable and cringeworthy in places. It feels like there's a lack of authenticity, too much control or thought going into how he wants to be perceived rather than relaxing and letting it flow.

I'm not really a fan of all the pomp, I don't really get wearing a suit at all hours and every occasion, which seems to be a personality trait of his, but I do still find myself searching for him on YouTube too see what the latest installment is.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, 99call said:

I love your adoption of this largely UK administered put down...and the fact you always get it right. Hats off!

I use it often.

2 hours ago, LordAnubis said:

Did he take his custom leather suitcase and badger hair shaving brush and suede shoes and his rare davidoffs with him? Kudos to him though for making a business out of being a bellend 😁

Since the Kellners left Davidoff any video of him that he controlled with new age cigars just vanished from the internet. 

My favourite video of him is with the Whisky Tribe. Chalk and cheese. That's still up. 

I just watched a bit of that whiskey video. I'd really like to see one of him projectile vomiting all over his blue suit! That dude is stiff as a board!

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, 99call said:

Agree, although technically getting a depressing letter from BForce does make me want to shit myself.

I think I have one of those moments in play as we speak.

But I was more wanting to be dissociated by bowl movements and my moniker...

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Ford2112 said:

I just watched a bit of that whiskey video. I'd really like to see one of him projectile vomiting all over his blue suit! That dude is stiff as a board!

Ha 🤣

18 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

He definitely seems douchey. He's always having a "Habanos moment" which for some reason makes me think of bowel control issues. 

It's too much for me, especially when he does the helicopter arm ritual when lighting a cigar. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

His second Cuba video dropped today. He is def trying too hard. I’m sure the hunters and frankau lady is beside herself. 

Oh wow. I looked up bellend.  It’s perfect. 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Rushman said:

His second Cuba video dropped today. He is def trying too hard. I’m sure the hunters and frankau lady is beside herself. 

Oh wow. I looked up bellend.  It’s perfect. 

So funny because I’ve seen that phrase here before and (being an American) assumed it referred to rear ends. But I finally looked it up on a whim after reading this thread and…yeah the real definition makes more sense!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Corylax18 said:

He's such a pretentious douche. He keeps getting worse. Some of his early videos, from years ago, were actually quite informative and helpful. I dont know exactly when/why he decided to get away from that, but I refuse to contribute to his ego by watching any of his current videos. I wont be a part of the problem. 

This is exactly how I feel. He’s become insufferable, even though his old videos on stuff like shoe care are still where I refer people who need a tutorial. Somehow there’s a market for watching douchy guys get bespoke (and tax deductible) clothing made, even though virtually no one wears a suit everywhere, or even to work, anymore.

Can someone explain which loophole or exemption he is using to film a vacation in Cuba? I guess he is classing this as a documentary?