JohnS' Smoking Diary 2023

JohnS

On 11/14/2023 at 6:38 AM, JohnS said:

Partagas Serie E No.2 was maybe...just maybe, stellar. Indeed, I think it was.

Question John. Do you think the E2 is currently the best cigar Partagas makes? For me they seem to be able to do that Monte 2 trick. I.e. bad ones are still very respectable cigars, but good ones, can compete with the very best Cuba has to offer. 

I will admit they took me by complete surprise, I dislike the size, and was geared up to disregard them as an aimless fad, but since there release I can't help but feel they have cemented and air of true greatness. 

I was thinking to myself, if someone offered me either, an 898, a Lusi, or a E2. I would like to think I would reach for the 898, but it would be a lot tougher decision than I ever previously imagined. Interestingly I feel confident the Lusi would be in 3rd spot. 

• Thanks 1

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would like to continue to thank you for supporting my blog in the past few years. This year's blog represented a conundrum for me... exactly how does one continue to maintain the output of recent ye

Por Larrañaga Montecarlos LGR Oct 2017 The Por Larranaga Montecarlos is a 33 ring gauge x 159 mm (or 6¼ inches) in length cigar commonly considered a 'forum favourite' on our forum...you know, a

Arturo Fuente Don Carlos - Eye of the Shark In 2015, Arturo Fuente released two limited production cigars that commemorated the 80th birthday of family patriarch Carlos Fuente Sr.  Around the sam

Stefan, I think Habanos S.A. markets the Partagas Serie E2 that way. It's only been around since 2011 but one can get them in three packaging options; a display box of 15 aluminium tubed cigars in 5 cardboard packs of 3, a semi boîte nature box of 5 cigars and a semi boîte nature box of 25 cigars. Despite those options for acquisition, the cigar has been somewhat rare in the last few years in terms of its availability, but that's another subject entirely, obviously related to supply issues in regards to the Covid-19 Pandemic and subsequent rationalisation of pricing in mid-2022.

In the long history of the brand, as it famously claims its origin to 1845, I would think that Habanos S.A would cite the Lusitanias as its flagship cigar. Cigar enthusiasts would also mention the 8-9-8 as being a 'class above' the other vitolas within the brand. However, there's a reason why the Partagas Serie E No.2 is colloquially referred to as ' the poor man's Behike' amongst our respected members and this is because the blend doesn't tend to have any 'edges'. On the contrary, they tend to be smooth and nuanced.

Finally, as further proof to its standing within the Habano S.A regular production catalogue, consider the cigars that Habanos S.A. has volunteered for release for their prestigious Gran Reserva Series, thus far. I think it's no coincidence that the last Partagas Gran Reserva was in fact a Serie E No.2.

Snapshot_2023-11-19_002220_www.cubancigarwebsite.jpg.7019fb7b00149947d17ccdf7fdf63a90.jpg

https://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/cigar/list?types=grand-reserve-series

• Thanks 1