Deep Dive: Cohiba Maduro 5 Genios

El Presidente

Cohiba Maduro 5 Genios   

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Cohiba Maduro 5 Genios 

Lovers are going to love them, haters are going to hate. The lovers don't mind at all. 

This is one polarising cigar. One polarising line extension. They carry both a very loyal following of disciples and a feral mob with pitchforks :D

Cohiba Maduro 5 Genios 

• Do you like Cohiba Maduro 5 Genios
  • Where does it stand compared to other similar cigars. 
  • Have you noticed a blend/flavour/body change over the years? If so, approximately when?
  • How long does it take you to smoke a Cohiba Maduro 5 Genios
  • Do the poll!

Let's talk Cohiba Maduro 5 Genios !   :cigar:

CLICK HERE FOR OTHER DEEP DIVES 

Cohiba Genios PSP MAR 19 (002).jpg

Well my palate is mush compared to a lot of folks, but these things just never did it for me. Way too harsh, almost like an NC. I have only had 3 but each one had me asking " This is a Cohiba? " Really?  And mine were from a trusted source. I would take a Sig l over these. And I pretty much have come to loathe those.

• Like 2

I love love love Genios. I only have two left (MAR NOV 19) from a box I bought from my dear Tania in Asturias. What an absolute delight. Wish I had paced myself more strategically. Is there any inventory somewhere of these? 

• Like 1

Had a great one as a single so bought a box. Every one of them (4) so far has been blah. For the price it's a crying shame and inexcusable. Hopefully age turns them around but the issue seems to be they're either under or over filled and flavors become muted or harsh. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nevrknow said:

Well my palate is mush compared to a lot of folks, but these things just never did it for me. Way too harsh, almost like an NC. I have only had 3 but each one had me asking " This is a Cohiba? " Really?  And mine were from a trusted source. I would take a Sig l over these. And I pretty much have come to loathe those.

I've only had one genios and not a great one. But my experience with secretos has been as you describe. And those are pretty close to sig I size 😂

• Like 2

The only Maduro 5 I find enjoyable is the Secretos. I find the Magicos and Genios to be pretty similar. There's just something about them I don't love. Yes, high quality, flavorful etc. I bought a single Genios in June when they were still $25 and found myself getting over it by the final third. I got very bored with it. I found the Siglo VI and Esplendidos I had the following days both much more enjoyable. 

• Like 1

Always liked the Cohiba Maduro line. I find them to be high quality cigars, made with very good tobacco. The Genios can be around medium bodied, toasted dark chocolate notes, espresso coffee that's been sitting for a few hours, dark bready character, all with great construction and firm draw. The Magicos seem to be a bit more balanced overall but I prefer the Genios size. Wish I had more of these, the ones I have left I treat like a special occasion cigar nowadays.

• Like 1

The best Genios have a wonderful S'Mores flavor - chewy and delicious. Can't say I'll buy more though once my stock is depleted, like many Cohiba now they are nowhere close to a reasonable value.

• Like 2

silky, silky smoke. rarely found with regular production cigars. an occasional qd50 will have it.

the genios is a powerhouse. if a padron is a boom box turned up to 11, the genios is like listening to a hi-fi system with the finest headphones money can buy.

don’t age them past 4-5 years. they lose everything that makes them great.

• Like 2