What's up for the weekend?

What's up for the weekend folks :party:

Long walk this morning, gym session and then off to a staff lunch at Stratton Kitchen and Bar. Should get properly messy. These days it is broadly considered inappropriate for bosses to put on long boozy lunches for their teams.  Jesus wept we have turned into softcocks. It is not as if I am putting out coke snakes on the table and handing out straws. 

Sunday is a relax day this week. I have plenty of work to do and so I will park myself with a cigar and some HC. We have the ShooAway USA launch next week/transforming our coffee shop into an Espresso Flower Bar (daughter is a florist)/ I need to shoot out an email to Mike/Pete re their visit to Oz May next year.  All this will be done with some slow BBQ going on in the background. :cigar:

What's up for the weekend?

• Like 4

To the dog groomers this morning.  Always a production.  A little grocery shopping maybe between dropoff and pickup.  Not sure what else.  More rain forecast for this afternoon/evening.  Sigh.  Had plummer in yesterday.  Dryer repairman scheduled for Monday morning.  Joy.

• Like 2

My weekend has started fantastic! Finally was released on Friday afternoon from a quarantine facility here in Hong Kong. Had been forced to stay for an additional 8 days post the mandatory 7 days upon entry after our trip back to Australia, as I contracted Covid 4 days into the 7. Has been nice to be reunited with the family. Throat still a bit tender but hope to maybe approach a cigar tomorrow 

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

Tuesday: Drive from Jax to Raleigh. Wednesday-Thursday: Unsuccessfully search for a new house. Friday: Drive to Atlanta for a family service on Saturday. Sunday: Drive back to Jax and maybe burn on of the cigars that I left in a baggie on the kitchen counter. That's about it...

• Like 2

I played a 18 hole golf tournament this morning 10 miles outside Boston.  It’s steamy here. I think I like 5 below in February over 100F+ index. I don’t know how some of you can sleep in 95F blackouts in Cuba (@corylax)… My 15 yr old heading to Barcelona tonight with mom to work on his Spanish for a few days.  I’ll be playing golf and drawing with my 12 year old.  No complaints.  Life is good and FOH is a happy place. 

• Like 3

Very hot and humid in KC. Heat index currently 108. Had a fantastic HUHC from a box I just cracked open LGR ENE 19. So glad I didnt break into them earlier. Ran a few errands this afternoon and plan on watching Royals Red Sox here in an hour or so. Nothing tomorrow except laundry, work out and cleaning. 

• Like 2

Been staining the gazebo that my FIL and I built this spring, hopefully will wrap that up tomorrow- as soon as my urchin wakes up from his nap he and I are heading out to a friend’s Pig roast/BBQ and will check out his new house they bought last year

• Like 2

First weekend in a couple of weeks feeling back to normal after bout with covid. Had it a couple of times in past but no more than a day of feeling off, not this time knocked me down for a week. Good weekend for Premier league to start since I am taking it easy (too humid). Nice to see Liverpool drop a couple of points after beating Man City last week. 

• Like 2

85F at 9:31 AM with 68% RH; great time for a 20 mile ride.  Drinking down an electrolyte water as I type this.  Only going to get more miserable today. 

Wife does a farmer's market today.  Just dropped her off and helped setting up her tent & displays.  She sells handmade aprons and other sewn items she makes.  Hope she gets some hazard sales today.  I cannot imagine it being too busy today.  I'll stop by on the last 3rd of my ride.  Luckily for her the market end's at 1:00 PM.  I predict Dairy Queen after picking her up.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Chibearsv said:

The Cigarden is finally getting stained this weekend so I'm relegated to the garage for some shade from the heat yesterday and the rain today.  It's looking great and back to the rich red cedar color we were hoping to keep when we built it.

As a german trained electrician I like the electrical work

• Like 3