Michael Jordan at a lcdh in Milan

17 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

I've seen NC's at other LCDH's before.

That's news to me, though I was wondering if it was done elsewhere. I know more than one LCDH retailer who has had to open a separate shop to sell non-Cuban cigars. 

Can I ask which markets/countries you have seen non-Cubans in a LCDH? I'm not asking which shops and the last thing on my mind is trying to get any shops "into trouble", many Cuban-cigar shops are in survival mode with the pricing changes. 

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

That's news to me, though I was wondering if it was done elsewhere. I know more than one LCDH retailer who has had to open a separate shop to sell non-Cuban cigars. 

Can I ask which markets/countries you have seen non-Cubans in a LCDH? I'm not asking which shops and the last thing on my mind is trying to get any shops "into trouble", many Cuban-cigar shops are in survival mode with the pricing changes. 

Montreal (now closed) had non-Cubans for sure and another one that is escaping me at the moment.

• Like 2

I don't see how at this point an LCDH is a viable franchise business for most locales.  If they're not well stocked and reasonably affordable; how are they going to make enough to keep operating? 

Would Habanos really strip a franchise because they weren't able to supply cigars and the franchise owner resorted to selling NC's to keep the doors open?

LCDH's are all in high rent areas and the minimum 'keep the doors open' running costs cannot be cheap.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Ryan said:

Can I ask which markets/countries you have seen non-Cubans in a LCDH?

The LCDH I visited in Bahrain a few days ago has a tiny section of non-Cubans. The shop is in very sad state overall.

4 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

I don't see how at this point an LCDH is a viable franchise business for most locales.  If they're not well stocked and reasonably affordable; how are they going to make enough to keep operating? 

they sell a fewer boxes/sticks at higher prices. they literally run out of stock in a couple of days. I believe reasonable prices are something from the past especially after the introduction of taxes. Here in SA and I think the nearby gulf states follow the same regulations with different VAT percentage.

(%100 Custom fees, %100 selective/ excise fee, %15 VAT) total = %215.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Arabian said:

The LCDH I visited in Bahrain a few days ago has a tiny section of non-Cubans. The shop is in very sad state overall.

they sell a fewer boxes/sticks at higher prices. they literally run out of stock in a couple of days. I believe reasonable prices are something from the past especially after the introduction of taxes. Here in SA and I think the nearby gulf states follow the same regulations with different VAT percentage.

(%100 Custom fees, %100 selective/ excise fee, %15 VAT) total = %215.

I know many countries, probably GCC included where prices are fixed.  Slim pickings does not drive consumers to a store; regardless of the market sector. 

Who's going to shop at Foot Locker if they only carry 25% of the styles they normally do and is unlikely to have their size in stock?

On 7/20/2022 at 6:48 PM, Frinkiac7 said:

A good celebrity BOTL from everything I have heard. Glad he keeps up with the hobby.

He’d be an interesting guy to do a blind trade with 😀

On 7/20/2022 at 12:02 PM, GotYaGoat said:

Screenshot_20220720-115841.png.a767cf4b4979fc287d571f83161b837c.png

I see homeless guys living in boxes wearing 750K RM's. Surely a man of his means could do better.😁