Update us: Has your sense of taste and smell changed since you have had Covid?

8 hours ago, stogieluver said:

Spent five days in Covid ICU. Never lost my sense of taste or smell. 

Well I’m glad you pulled through. 🤙

• Like 1

Here's a weird one. Lost sense of smell for poop 🤣. Regular sense of smell and taste came back in one month. For about 5 months I could walk into a completely blown up bathroom and it wouldn't matter. haha. Viewed it as a win honestly. Other than that all is well and normal. Cigars all taste great. 

• Haha 4

Probably had it min 2-3. Am assuming first time was the first strain since I travelled a couple times right before the shutdown and then   later tested for antibodies.  All times started with headaches day or two then brief fever for a day. That was it, never got worse luckily. Never lost taste or smell 

Got Covid in December 2020, I never lost sense of taste, but my sense of smell was completely gone. I'm talking putting vodka in one glass and water in the other and not being able to tell which was which. Did this several times until it started slowly coming back weeks later. I can smell spirits and other strong odors now, but thats about it, definitely not the same as it was pre-covid. Fun stuff...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Iost sense of taste and smell on Day 7 of covid. It was bizarre to say the least. Only lasted a few days and came back 90%? the last 10% took another couple weeks. I was more worried about the brain fog which was short lived. 

• Thanks 1

I never lost my sense of taste or smell, at least not above what you'd experience with a head cold. I feel for anyone still impacted by it longer term. I've had bad head colds and lost my sense of taste completely. It's depressing. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Figured I would resurrect this. I can still taste foods but I can't even smell bleach. Crazy. Day 5 of covid. I tried to smell a box of Rio Secos a bit ago . Nothing 🥴

How did anyone else here fare regarding smell and taste?

1 hour ago, Ford2112 said:

Figured I would resurrect this. I can still taste foods but I can't even smell bleach. Crazy. Day 5 of covid. I tried to smell a box of Rio Secos a bit ago . Nothing 🥴

Get well!

I couldn't review a cigar for about a month.  Taste and smell was muted for food, cigars, booze. 

• Sad 3

22 hours ago, Ford2112 said:

It really varies, my wife regained her sense of smell within days after symptoms are gone  but for me it took a good month, and even now 2 months later I’m not 100% back…hopefully your experience will be better! 

Pretty sure I had Covid three times.  Taste and smell are still perfect.  

However, I have had a persistent cough for about 4 months.  

1 hour ago, Cigar Surgeon said:

Unfortunately I definitely appear to have some off and on COVID brain which is annoying.

COVID brain?  In my world, that's been happening for the past 5 years or so... or maybe it's age?...Nah, Covid brain, that sounds better 😁

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Chibearsv said:

COVID brain?  In my world, that's been happening for the past 5 years or so... or maybe it's age?...Nah, Covid brain, that sounds better 😁

Yeah I would describe it as: you know that feeling when you wake up in the middle of a REM cycle and you're groggy and a bit disoriented? That feeling comes and goes throughout the day sometimes. It's been ongoing since February. 

• Sad 3

Had it back in May, never lost taste or smell; at least not any more than would be expected with a cold or sinus infection. Under the weather for maybe 48 hours and then a couple days of steadily getting better. Everything is as normal as ever.

• Like 3

18 months since covid, 16 months since parosmia.  Still struggle with a few categories of scents. Certain acidic items - ie New Zealand Sauv Blanc, some bitter items - IPAs, and some resultants of combustion - car exhaust. Much improved over time though.

• Like 4

Omicron (or whatever variation we’re up to) doesn’t seem to be as bad. I can smell cigars just fine, just can’t get past the pounding headache that even Tylenol won’t kill.