International pricing policy by Habanos SA

On 6/8/2022 at 9:41 PM, havanaclub said:

Lol this didn’t age well emoji23.png they sold out in minutes at 575. You can believe it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to think it's the flippers scooping them all up and selling for profit to the same small group of well-heeled clients with money to burn, literally.  Kinda  creating a false market, I don't know anyone in their right mind who would spend that kind of coin for a box of Reyes for personal consumption! 

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I encourage everybody to ignore that request 

Yeah - “Smoking these may lead to bankruptcy!”

Except for the fact that there are no Cohiba,Behike/Fundadores in Shanghai,Beijing,Tianjin, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Chengdu.  If they were rolling around in boxes  of Behike etal, I would believe ha

Context of my hobbies remains important to me. I also shoot skeet and sporting clays. Looking at a promotional emails I recently received from another trusted vendor I realized that a new box of some cohibas were being sold for more than I paid for my over under with a full fitted set tubes for all gauges. Not a starter set but I did get it Pre loved from another sportsman. So roughly 50 hours of joy from the box of 25 Cohiba or a lifetime of shooting that gun. Hmmmm. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Up since when? Are they selling more units of Cohiba and Trini today than in 2020 or is it up from 2021 when there was virtually zero supply? How can more units be selling if units produced are still far below 2020 levels?

IMO everything should be compared to Q1-Q2 2020 since that was the last time of normalcy. 2021 to today should be tossed out. The factories are 1/3 full and planes aren't leaving the island. 

Month  prior increase to month post (just completed).

Increase in units. Obviously an increase in headline revenue.

That is the only measure they cared about. Month prior/Month post.

They have breathed a sigh of relief

• Like 3

11 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

The factories are 1/3 full 

That is likely to be the reality for the next 3-5 years. 1/3 to 1/2 full factories = similar production outputs.

The penny might drop on the way to fix it but it involves removing rusted on entrenched ideology in this sector. 

• Like 3

Just got word the pricing increase in Cuba is indeed coming Sunday June 11. Shops have no idea what it will be. Not being told anything other than it will be big. They are very uneasy about it. Also was told a lot of stock is being held back from the shops until then and they expect a deluge of product in the next few weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Month  prior increase to month post (just completed).

Increase in units. Obviously an increase in headline revenue.

That is the only measure they cared about. Month prior/Month post.

They have breathed a sigh of relief

Hell of a way to "run" a business. Minute by minute, Using only your rearview mirror. I don't see how anything could go wrong...........

3 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Just got word the pricing increase in Cuba is indeed coming Sunday June 11. Shops have no idea what it will be. Not being told anything other than it will be big. Also was told a lot of stock is being held back from the shops until then and they expect a deluge of product in the next few weeks. 

Bummer, I'll be down again July 16th. I was lucky enough to have some one grab me a couple boxes of Fundies though. How has your hunting been?

21 minutes ago, Corylax18 said:

Hell of a way to "run" a business. Minute by minute, Using only your rearview mirror. I don't see how anything could go wrong...........

touch unfair to them. :D

Step one, 

Will consumers continue to buy at the new pricing?

Tick.  Sigh of relief. 

That is all that month to month comparison was about. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, El Presidente said:

That is likely to be the reality for the next 3-5 years. 1/3 to 1/2 full factories = similar production outputs.

The penny might drop on the way to fix it but it involves removing rusted on entrenched ideology in this sector. 

Were the factories at 100% occupancy prior to covid?

As far as swiss market goes. 1st June price hike. I see Cohibas sold as soon as they show up. Trinidad... Not the same. They don't sell. It has only been 11 days but you get my point. And it's what most post suggested in that thread. Cohiba will continue to fly, Trinidad it's gonna be harder. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

If you can buy Reyes at $575 and flip them let me just say we're all screwed. 

Nobody with half a brain would pay that for a box of 24 Reyes. They will sit and collect dust. Last box of Reyes cost me $158usd. 

22 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Great for me, bad for everyone I'm buying for. Plenty of Connie 1/2, Famosos, Monte DE, RASCC, El Principe, La Fuerza, SPNP--pretty much my whole rotation is there. But unless that's your rotation too you'll be an unhappy camper. 

Forget any premium sticks outside of RyJ Churchills tubos. Saw a couple Party Maduro No. 1. That's it. Hope you like Monte everything except Especiales. RyJ everything except WC. Hoyo everything but DC. Party everything but Lusi, Presidentes and E2. HU everything but SW. I was told there were some Mag 56 jars floating around town if I wanted any. Cohiba, the small three only and lots of them. JL S1/S2 everywhere. All Boli except Libertadores. No Dip 2. Plenty of QdO but mostly 50s. RASS but not a lot. RAS almost gone. No VR Unicos. 

The good news (until Sunday) is that there are plenty of Cohiba singles and petacas of Esplendidos, Lanceros, CE, PE, VI and Robustos. Trini Reyes still everywhere. 

Cuba ELs long gone. From hundreds of boxes in Apr to zilch now. Party Legado nowhere. Most shops told me they got one box. Some selling singles so I picked up a few.

Saw some 22 Picadores and ERDM CS have come in, but pretty much bare shelf space except for the Global Brands. 

I saw 7 HUpmann Magnum 56 jars in T3 for 1090 Euros by gates B7 and B8. These are 20 cigars. John 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, JohnnyO said:

I saw 7 HUpmann Magnum 56 jars in T3 for 1090 Euros by gates B7 and B8. These are 20 cigars. John 

I was told $700-something at El Faro if I wanted them.

I don't know what's going on in that T3 shop. Bunch of weirdos. You can't go in to the WIH and check anything so they can bite me. And there's no prices on anything which is pretty sketchy. The only thing they had this morning were 6 or 8 La Cabana. They were telling me the price was $250 each! So there's some kind of hustle going on. I told them to stick it. 

And get this--I saw a box of Coloniales next to the La Cabana so I said I'll take it. Had to be the last one in Havana. The girl took it to the register and opened it upside down and they all hit the damn floor. Not kidding. Then she gave me the stink eye when I told her yeah, no thanks. Wow. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

I was told $700-something at El Faro if I wanted them.

I don't know what's going on in that T3 shop. Bunch of weirdos. You can't go in to the WIH and check anything so they can bite me. And there's no prices on anything which is pretty sketchy. The only thing they had this morning were 6 or 8 La Cabana. They were telling me the price was $250 each! So there's some kind of hustle going on. I told them to stick it. 

And get this--I saw a box of Coloniales next to the La Cabana so I said I'll take it. Had to be the last one in Havana. The girl took it to the register and opened it upside down and they all hit the damn floor. Not kidding. Then she gave me the stink eye when I told her yeah, no thanks. Wow. 

In the T3 shop I asked what the price was on PSD4, the bottom of it said $265. One clerk referred me to another clerk and said, wait that's not the price. She played with the calculator briefly and now the new price was $321. Old Havana tricks...John

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/12/2022 at 8:08 AM, JohnnyO said:

In the T3 shop I asked what the price was on PSD4, the bottom of it said $265. One clerk referred me to another clerk and said, wait that's not the price. She played with the calculator briefly and now the new price was $321. Old Havana tricks...John

That’s pretty much the going rate for PSD4s. If Cuba is going up too, that price equates to market. Granted, you’d think the ‘source’ would be at least a little less.