• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I encourage everybody to ignore that request 

Yeah - “Smoking these may lead to bankruptcy!”

Except for the fact that there are no Cohiba,Behike/Fundadores in Shanghai,Beijing,Tianjin, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Chengdu.  If they were rolling around in boxes  of Behike etal, I would believe ha

On 6/1/2022 at 11:10 AM, Fezztone said:

Was at the Amsterdam LCDH last month. The guy behind the counter was an unpleasant individual. They have plenty of nice boxes roped off on the back wall but available only to those customers that have had a minimum spend of 3,000 euro.

That's absurdly lame.  I can see "whole box purchases only"  Beyond that could be something that should strip the franchise away from the owners. 

• Like 1

Was at the LCDH Amsterdam today, they did have decent (under current circumstances) regular production stock, bought a box of HU mag50 (they had 3 boxes), the gentleman taking care of me was polite and nice, great experience. Price was steep at 420 euros…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Homer said:

What is the difference with those two different prices? 

Depends on where you buy ; tobacco shop , or hotel, vending machines... You also get different prices for the island (balearic, Canary)

On 6/2/2022 at 10:35 AM, Cold Smoke said:

Anyone in Portugal seen any San Cristobal Saudades still on the shelves?

From what I heard if there's any on the shelves they are snapped up very quickly. Tough to find. 

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

I see the new Spanish prices are out.

Cohiba Talisman: €200 each. Ouch. From €63 last week.

Cohiba Robusto: €66. from €27.30

Siglo VI: €81 from €37.80

Esplendido: €96 from €43.60

Trinidad Fundadores (and Esmeralda): €65, from €17.70 and €14.90 respectively. Esmeralda up 336%

La Trova: €79 from €19.40, 300% increase.

The new Spanish Regional Diplomaticos has gone from €15 to €18.

Lusitanias up 20%

Still..

Ramon Allones Gigantes: €12.40, no change

H Upmann Sir Winston: €16, no change

Good luck finding those though.

Could it be, no Pricechanges for Discons?

4 hours ago, AirOne said:

Interesting to see this price list is focused on unit pricing w no volume stick discount. Eg qd50 same price in 10 or 25. Others also there in the list. Perhaps the only ray of sunshine. 
gonna take me a while to normalize a $20 stick for a Robusto. Forget Cohiba and Trin. Just nutty. 
still pissed. 
I will continue to bitch and moan for a while. 

3 minutes ago, Rhinoww said:

Interesting to see this price list is focused on unit pricing w no volume stick discount. Eg qd50 same price in 10 or 25. 

has always been thus ;)

• Like 1

I see the new Spanish prices are out.
Cohiba Talisman: €200 each. Ouch. From €63 last week.
Cohiba Robusto: €66. from €27.30
Siglo VI: €81 from €37.80
Esplendido: €96 from €43.60
Trinidad Fundadores (and Esmeralda): €65, from €17.70 and €14.90 respectively. Esmeralda up 336%
La Trova: €79 from €19.40, 300% increase.
The new Spanish Regional Diplomaticos has gone from €15 to €18.
Lusitanias up 20%
Still..
Ramon Allones Gigantes: €12.40, no change
H Upmann Sir Winston: €16, no change
Good luck finding those though.

Ooof! At this rate, I think a lot of cohiba and Trinny will sit on the shelves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I wonder if Habanos is planning on manufacturing fewer cigars moving forward.  Could their plan be fewer but much more expensive cigars? Production is already down because of the pandemic. I know next to nothing about the cigar industry but I can’t help but think they know they can produce the same revenue with a smaller, more controlled, production.  What I read here tells me the the majority of the cigars Cuba cigars made in the last two years are outstanding and  24/24 Cohibas are snapped up in no time as the price escalates. If I was able to do less work and get more for what I do make I’d do it in a minute. And, I could deliver a better product. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, joeypots said:

I wonder if Habanos is planning on manufacturing fewer cigars moving forward.  Could their plan be fewer but much more expensive cigars? Production is already down because of the pandemic. I know next to nothing about the cigar industry but I can’t help but think they know they can produce the same revenue with a smaller, more controlled, production.  What I read here tells me the the majority of the cigars Cuba cigars made in the last two years are outstanding and  24/24 Cohibas are snapped up in no time as the price escalates. If I was able to do less work and get more for what I do make I’d do it in a minute. And, I could deliver a better product. 

There is a huge shortage of rollers. No quick fix as it takes time to hire and train new ones. If there are any new ones to even be found. 

• Like 1

Are there stats on how large the global cigar smoking population is, global sales and the trending for the last decade?  Beyond just Habanos. 

It baffles me how Habanos could stick the the LCDH franchise owners so hard.  I'd be livid if I owned one and was put into this situation with lack of supply and prices.