ROTT 2021 Nudie Review Thread

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So…I rushed home from work to put the flame to an N3 Maduro. I will say unfortunately smoking conditions were less than ideal. 40 degrees F weather, and work issues blowing up during smoking didn’t al

N1 Lancero Colorado Maduro(2021) Review Construction:  Tightly wrapped with no lines, no dents, no dings, sandpaper texture and is very very dense. Very dark wrapper, beautiful. 1st Third:  

My introduction to Nudies, I received them 4 days ago ( a bundle of each). I am no good at letting cigars rest. I am always too anxious to try new ones. Most cigars change and get better with res

On 2/12/2022 at 2:17 PM, El Presidente said:

Glad you are enjoying it mate :D

I think we have 40 or so bundles of carlota remaining and I will put them up sometime next week once people have had a chance to try them  all. 

The plan is to have another production run of both Lancero/Carlota within the next 4-5 weeks.  I will make sure there will be plenty for everyone. 

I think they are great everyday cigars with a "vibrant personality"  You shouldn't have to spend a forutne on an excellent smoke. 

That is music to my, and assuredly many others', ears. I could definitely see myself making these a daily. I'm already reaching for them with no restraint.  

• Like 2

🤣 Amen, Boss. One a day for three days in a row.  Gotta back off a bit eh…..

I am fairly new to the cigar world.  Thirty six years ago I smoked Royal Jamaica Buccaneeers regularly for a year and really enjoyed them but when I quit cigarettes back then I quit the cigars too.  Two years ago I was gifted a Cohiba Siglo 1 and became very interested.  Since then I have been sampling many cigars, mostly Cuban.  I had doubts about he 'Nudies' but ordered some Maduro Carlotas.  I just smoked one, a day after receiving them, and was delightfully surprised.  I love the feel of this cigar and the consistent burn.  No harshness at all.  Mild-Medium strength and a seemingly consistent flavour all the way through (which I don't find with many of my quality favourites with a good reputation).  This was a very easy cigar to smoke; not labour intensive like some good Cubans; a very relaxing experience.  I suspect this cigar will be a regular for me, an every-day, one of my reliable favourites.  The size seems unique, is intriguing and feels very good.  I would like to know which other Cubans would be recommended as similar in size and feel and quality.  The price seems right for the experience I had this evening.  Because of the consistent feedback thus far from others about the quality (construction, burn, flavour) my guess is that a standard has been set that will likely be maintained.  Thanks to FOH and Hamlet  for the vision and the actual successful development of this new non-Cuban brand :)

• Like 4

9 hours ago, SRH1 said:

Smoked three Maddie lancero’s  (yes, 3 already..) and wow!  Just a wonderful cigar from start to finish. I smoke very few NC’s these days but Rob and Hamlet’s naked lovelies are already in the regular rotation and are, perhaps the most enjoyable NC I’ve smoked. (I started with NC’s, lots of em 35 years ago but drifted away as my taste became more sophisticated.)

Wonderful flavors as already well described by others (so I won’t be redundant) with a razor sharp burn and perfect draw! I do believe your objectives have been achieved gentlemen and team!👍👍  And they can only improve…
Allowing the Colorado’s lancero bundle to rest a bit before firing one up. Expectations are high. 😎

Quite please to learn of the second release.

I made the mistake of only picking up a sixer of N1 and N3 in 2019. They were gone in a month. Not this time, 4 bundles for me which I hope will last a year as weekend morning smokes. Stock up, you won’t regret it. 

• Like 3

On 2/14/2022 at 8:57 AM, El Presidente said:

..they are a tad "moreish"  I have sadly smoked my allocation and am awaiting reinforcements 😔

Now ...put the rest away for 30 days and watch them imporve 20% or so. 

I will put the remaining Carlota up on Friday. i intend to keep a few for myself to tide me over. 

El Presidente ... Is this the current plan, to make Carlota available this coming Friday on 24:24?

12 hours ago, Sean62 said:

El Presidente ... Is this the current plan, to make Carlota available this coming Friday on 24:24?

link from 2424 Friday to International Store. 

I have to ask Ben how it will work but that can wait until tomorrow :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Came home yesterday to find my bundle of rosado Carlotas awaiting me!!! Felt like a kid in a candy store, and am going to do my level best to let them rest. Pretty sure that won't happen, but they're in my 'dor now adjusting to their new home.

Thanks for making this happen, FoH! Grateful for the opportunity.

Edited by griller
can't spell
  • Like 2

Hear my bundle came while we are on vac otherwise would have brought 1 or 2 with me. Here’s hoping my neighbor doesn’t dig in before me 😂

• Like 2

I'll admit I was running on too little sleep, became too excited and careless when they arrived! I accidentally sliced one of my rosado n3 wrappers when opening the package! As luck would have it we were having a brief sun-break here in dark and soggy PNW winter so I figured I would pop outside and give the wounded stick a taste. Maybe it's just that I've been tobacco starved as I don't typically smoke during wet season but I thought it was GREAT. Much different than other NC I have smoked and I didn't notice any harshness or off flavors, even being ROTT. I'm in love with the size as well!

• Like 3

On 2/17/2022 at 4:51 PM, Bijan said:

Smoking a colorado N3 right now ROTT. I've smoked a lot of cigars ROTT the past 2 weeks (all CCs except this nudie and an Opus X).

This definitely has the best burn and construction. But there's a bit more bite and harshness than was in the others. I think some time down will do some good. As the few OG nudies I have are smoking smoother now.

I would think that is to be expected. You know the quality of the roll, burn, etc is going to be fantastic. But it's still non Cuban tobacco. Bite and harshness that a ROTT Cuban may not exhibit. But top notch quality and roll, which is to be expected from the Nudies. 

If downtime smoothens out the bite and harshness, which it generally does, you have the best of both worlds! 

• Like 2