ROTT 2021 Nudie Review Thread

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So…I rushed home from work to put the flame to an N3 Maduro. I will say unfortunately smoking conditions were less than ideal. 40 degrees F weather, and work issues blowing up during smoking didn’t al

N1 Lancero Colorado Maduro(2021) Review Construction:  Tightly wrapped with no lines, no dents, no dings, sandpaper texture and is very very dense. Very dark wrapper, beautiful. 1st Third:  

My introduction to Nudies, I received them 4 days ago ( a bundle of each). I am no good at letting cigars rest. I am always too anxious to try new ones. Most cigars change and get better with res

Whew! My Maduro lanceros came in over the weekend. Drove 10 hrs round trip to grab em!

Smoking one now. I'm really surprised how good it is rott! And that's with my stunted taste buds. The smell is real nice, too. Sorry I don't have the words here to describe it like many of yall. But it has, to me, a very classic scent and flavor. It very strongly reminds me of going to the Dunhill store back 30 years ago. Absolutely love the nostalgia trip!

Can't wait to see how these get after rest. Wish I had more. Many more. 

Need more. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had one Rosado last night, first I must say the construction is superb, stacking dime, 0 burn touch up and super nice draw.

My taste buds are not sensible enough to pickup individual tastea but I enjoyed it, its super smooth, taste and body both on the light side, so as Rob suggested, its a great everyday smoke and I would say its a cigar which is better to enjoy quietly as the taste is on the subtle side.

Something to beware, I'm not sure if I didn't have enough during dinner as the nicotine attacked me pretty hard in the final third. But overall, really like it, can't wait to smoke the maduro one.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got a chance to smoke one of my N3 rosados.

Wrapper is not as smooth as in past years (veins). But a pleasing aroma - light barnyard and a hint of baking spices. Chocolate and peanut on the foot. Cold draw brings a spicy, raisin with a hint of something savory.

Light up is a little harsh, an ashy bread, but after it settles in it becomes a mellow buttered bread. Very mild smoke with a creamy texture.

In the middle third it morphed into a beautiful vanilla, powered sugar on top of the previous bread - making it a kind of powdered doughnut. This is the sweetest cigar I’ve ever had - practically a creamy, vanilla cake by the middle of the stick. As if it couldn’t have gotten any better, a few puffs later a honey appeared.

This intense sweetness continued until the back third - where the vanilla bread remained, sweetness left, and the butter returned.

The only negative, my draw tightened up, limiting the smoke output, and preventing me from finishing it. Good draw/output otherwise, wavy but even burn.

Rosado - Copy.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

ROTT the Colorado Rosado N1 was much more enjoyable, notes of warm sourdough bread and soft spice... The Maduro at first (1-2 weeks after arriving) tasted more like a NC for me, that is, more peppery, a little harsh and some notes of dark cacao........ It's been about 2.5 months and I reached for a Rosado N1, same beautiful profile I've had so far, but I also grabbed a Maduro N1.... WOW!!! so much sweetness I couldn't believe the difference. I had my girlfriend (who doesnt smoke much) try it and she was impressed.... So far she's only been impressed by a couple cigars I've had so far, the most recent being a 5 year old punch 48 which absolutely wowed her, especially after a sip of bourbon.

The sweetness I'm getting from the Maduro is absolutely astonishing. I'm not one to pull obscure flavors of Italian black truffle, Scottish virgin grass's hay, etc...... But this sweetness is so in your face it's impossible to miss.

Well done gentlemen, well done.......in the short time I've sampled them, they continue to improve and it's going to be hard to hold onto them to age even though I know as more time passes the more flavourful they will be.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 4/11/2022 at 1:19 AM, GVan said:

Thought I'd revive this thread - The Lancero maduro's (ebony) are getting better every day.  Haven't yet tried the Lancero ivory or the N3 Rosado Carlota's  Also did some aesthetic rearranging of a few of the CC boxes and gave my favorite NCs the bottom and the top of the humi.  

All the CC's get the middle where your eye is naturally drawn.

But, in keeping with this thread, thought you guys might like to see the new place of honor for the Nudies in my Humi.

What humidor is this?

On 4/16/2022 at 5:37 PM, eg133 said:

ROTT the Colorado Rosado N1 was much more enjoyable, notes of warm sourdough bread and soft spice... The Maduro at first (1-2 weeks after arriving) tasted more like a NC for me, that is, more peppery, a little harsh and some notes of dark cacao........ It's been about 2.5 months and I reached for a Rosado N1, same beautiful profile I've had so far, but I also grabbed a Maduro N1.... WOW!!! so much sweetness I couldn't believe the difference. I had my girlfriend (who doesnt smoke much) try it and she was impressed.... So far she's only been impressed by a couple cigars I've had so far, the most recent being a 5 year old punch 48 which absolutely wowed her, especially after a sip of bourbon.

The sweetness I'm getting from the Maduro is absolutely astonishing. I'm not one to pull obscure flavors of Italian black truffle, Scottish virgin grass's hay, etc...... But this sweetness is so in your face it's impossible to miss.

Well done gentlemen, well done.......in the short time I've sampled them, they continue to improve and it's going to be hard to hold onto them to age even though I know as more time passes the more flavourful they will be.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

The sweetness  of the Colorado  Maddy in both 1&3 has appeared to  intensify this past month.  It was always going to take longer to "settle in" but I think by Christmas you may be in for that cracking dessert cigar, that perfect cigar to have with a greaat cup of coffee. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 9 months later...

Cracked and smoked a N3 Maduro after 4 days rest, absolutely as advertised cigar, last third was especially great, left it unattended for 3-4 minutes at one point came back to arguably the tastiest puff of the whole smoke, couldn’t slow down enough at times, amazing smoke.

• Like 2

On 2/18/2022 at 10:47 AM, Don Candido said:

Great photo PorkChop! These are really beautiful cigars.

I don't think I can stop smoking Nudies. I am not advocating jumping the gun on lighting them up if you like to rest your smokes and I know they have a ways to improve from rest, but these arrived a week ago and are already becoming a favorite. They are *so* easy to smoke.

Yesterday, my second Rosado Carlotas was much more ready to smoke than the first I had. I think Nudies will be a regular smoke for me. (I can see why it is for Rob - he isn't selling when he says he has them everyday - these truly are a perfect everyday smoke) So.... I bought more Rosado yesterday...

I smoked a Maduro Carlotas this morning and had the same reaction. I bought more Maduro today...

I don't know their inventory, but it looks like the Rosados are sold out. A few minuites ago, there were Maduro Carlotas available still. Good luck! 😉

Exactly my experience and sentiments as well.