ROTT 2021 Nudie Review Thread

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So…I rushed home from work to put the flame to an N3 Maduro. I will say unfortunately smoking conditions were less than ideal. 40 degrees F weather, and work issues blowing up during smoking didn’t al

N1 Lancero Colorado Maduro(2021) Review Construction:  Tightly wrapped with no lines, no dents, no dings, sandpaper texture and is very very dense. Very dark wrapper, beautiful. 1st Third:  

My introduction to Nudies, I received them 4 days ago ( a bundle of each). I am no good at letting cigars rest. I am always too anxious to try new ones. Most cigars change and get better with res

24 minutes ago, Zaxeiler said:

If we have to choose between an “ebony” or “ivory” ROTT - does one seem better suited to no rest? Or am I going to have to smoke two ROTT??? 😉

I would go the "ebony" ;)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SMELTZ said:

N1 Lancero Colorado Maduro(2021) Review

Construction:  Tightly wrapped with no lines, no dents, no dings, sandpaper texture and is very very dense. Very dark wrapper, beautiful.

1st Third:  First few puffs were sweet & slightly spicy followed by cream. As I get down an inch the spice is up front followed by cream, earth and sourdough bread. The retrohale is so good and that is where it tastes similar to a cuban, creamy, graham cracker, i would say a sweet honey? hard to tell but good, followed by a light spice. yummy

2nd Third: Same as the first third but less honey note but a sweet aftertaste remains. Graham cracker, sourdough bread with spice.  The retrohale is so good with a creamy light spicy and sweet flavor. I find myself retrohaling on every other draw, so good. 

Final 3rd: Transitions to more leathery earth and spice. Slight twinges of a light caramel.  Retrohale still is where this stick shines, cream, graham cracker and peppery with notes of sweetness. Slight bitterness down at the 2 inch mark but that's because i took too many puffs too quickly and heated it up.

Final Take: Very tasty, surprisingly balanced for being so young. I could smoke these back to back to back already. Lots of flavor I would give it a 91-92 overall and can see it going higher with some age.  Looking forward to these in the months ahead. My only issue is I should have bought a lot more

I am with you on the retrohale experience  :thumbsup:

• Like 4

My two mixed packs arrived and enjoying a n3 Maduro. Absolutely wonderful! I’m challenged to smoke it slowly enough it is so delicious! Like everyone else, I regret not ordering more. Fingers crossed there will be another release of these vitolas.

• Like 1

I haven’t smoked a 2021 yet, but I’ve been hitting the 2019’s after seeing how well they’ve developed recently. One thing I notice is the immaculate construction - I find it frustrating every time I have a CoLa or Fundie that I end up having to re-light several times. But not with these. It sounds like this excellence continues with the new batch. Tip ‘o the hat to Hamlet and Rob, the 2021’s sound delicious!

• Like 4

Just now, El Presidente said:

Glad you are enjoying it mate :D

I think we have 40 or so bundles of carlota remaining and I will put them up sometime next week once people have had a chance to try them  all. 

The plan is to have another production run of both Lancero/Carlota within the next 4-5 weeks.  I will make sure there will be plenty for everyone. 

I think they are great everyday cigars with a "vibrant personality"  You shouldn't have to spend a forutne on an excellent smoke. 

Good because I feel like I need another bundle of the Lanceros plus some Carlotas!

Just now, El Presidente said:

Glad you are enjoying it mate :D

I think we have 40 or so bundles of carlota remaining and I will put them up sometime next week once people have had a chance to try them  all. 

The plan is to have another production run of both Lancero/Carlota within the next 4-5 weeks.  I will make sure there will be plenty for everyone. 

I think they are great everyday cigars with a "vibrant personality"  You shouldn't have to spend a forutne on an excellent smoke. 

Will the next production be the same blend and whatnot?  If that's the case, maybe I'll smoke a few ROTT and after an initial rest so I have an idea if I want to order more. 

Glad you are enjoying it mate 

The question is… will the redux be as good as the OR?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, El Presidente said:

we won't change the blend on these until we have a blend that performs better than the 2021 edition.  I suspect they will remain this blend for some time but we will be having a blending week in May. Primarily the week is to go over the Dalia and Petit 109 but we always play with different versions of the Lancero and Carlota. If you don't experiment you don't learn! :D

Petit 109 👏👏🎉🎉

• Like 2