the annual doctors' lunch

Great stuff from all over the map.  How was the Vale Meao?  I have '07 Meandro that holding in there.  The top wine must be something else!  Cote Rotie caught my eye beyond all the obvious winners.  20 people would kill those wines down in no time.  The hard liquor certainly tempered the pace.

9 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Great stuff from all over the map.  How was the Vale Meao?  I have '07 Meandro that holding in there.  The top wine must be something else!  Cote Rotie caught my eye beyond all the obvious winners.  20 people would kill those wines down in no time.  The hard liquor certainly tempered the pace.

meao was terrific. the top red was the biondi-santi for me. cracking wine. rockford always a star. and the chambolle was beautiful. the cote rotie sadly was not served until the end at which stage a judicious assessment of its undoubted qualities might have been marginally beyond me. and the rest of us. 

2 hours ago, LLC said:

Wow, great line up. We haven’t been able to get the Penfolds St. Henri here for years. When we could it was one I always enjoyed. 

that is a shame and a surprise. the latest, the 2018, is one of the greatest of all. and such a bargain compared to some of their other wines. 

19 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

that is a shame and a surprise. the latest, the 2018, is one of the greatest of all. and such a bargain compared to some of their other wines. 

Upon closer investigation it does look like they had the 2017 but it would have sold out right away and I guess I missed it in their bi-weekly Vintages catalog or monthly Classics Catalog. I will keep a look out of the 2018. They do carry a large range of Penfolds including Grange (2016 and also sold out). 

7 minutes ago, LLC said:

Upon closer investigation it does look like they had the 2017 but it would have sold out right away and I guess I missed it in their bi-weekly Vintages catalog or monthly Classics Catalog. I will keep a look out of the 2018. They do carry a large range of Penfolds including Grange (2016 and also sold out). 

2018 st H and 17 Grange all part of the most recent release. even though 18 St H here is about $120 or less and 17 grange is $950, i'd go the St H. i think it is the better wine of these two. also suggests that the 18 Grange will be truly spectacular. 

On 12/19/2021 at 6:29 PM, Ken Gargett said:

meao was terrific. the top red was the biondi-santi for me. cracking wine. rockford always a star. and the chambolle was beautiful. the cote rotie sadly was not served until the end at which stage a judicious assessment of its undoubted qualities might have been marginally beyond me. and the rest of us. 

That blondo Santi is a delight, I was fortunate to have a few bottles at a friend’s bday party here in NY. Truly delightful.