2 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

For current stuff:

Fonseca No. 1

Montecristo A

R&J Belicoso

Upmann Noella

Cuaba Distinguido & Salomones

Partagas Cuelbras

Really enjoy the Salomones I have. Been waiting for some distinguido to pop up for a while but haven’t found any yet. All the mentions of Choix supreme above convinced me to pull the trigger on a couple boxes this morning. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ERDM CS Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair he did name four or five picks in his first post crapping on the RyJ Churchill 😂

The Libertador gets praise undoubtedly, but for me its up there in the all time classic stratosphere and deserves more, like BBF. Sometimes I stress out wondering if/when HSA will drop it because its LCDH. I’ve probably got over 10 boxes because every time I smoke 2-3 from a box I am so compelled to buy another. Other than Winnie no other CC haunts me like it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cairo said:

Same here--apparently these just need time to get there.   I am thinking another six months or so and they will be ready to shine.

I'm burning an RAE14 box of RGPC and they are really good. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tstew75 said:

You should name some of your underrated picks instead of crapping on every one elses. Just a thought 😬

I did.

And this thread is about what cigars aren't getting praised that should be, which is a fairly unusual phenomenon. The first question to ask yourself is perhaps there's a reason a cigar I might like isn't getting praise. I saw Monte Opens mentioned. Seriously? Is Troya next?

This thread, as usual, has devolved into "what cigars I like right now, yay!" instead of focusing on the OP's question. I'm seeing cigars like JL S1/2 that are in no way lacking praise anywhere, least of all here. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, RDB said:

It’s only a one box thing so far, but RyJ Mille Fleurs seem to me a potentially very good smoke that gets little or no attention.

I think the cheaper RyJ are the best of the cheaper cigars compared to Partagas, H. Upmann and Hoyos (except maybe romeo no. 1-2-3).

Definitely though the RyJ Sports Largos receive very little praise except maybe from me and

@NSXCIGAR

• Like 1

I've been a big fan of the RyJ Cazadores. While many lament the losses of "long and skinnies" these delights seem to get no love.  Fonseca No 1 fit the same bill.  

PL, RG and Quinteros Panatelas are the C&C champs IMO. Aged boxes can still be found regularly. Honorable mention to RyJ Ex No4's. 

• Like 2

Although Monte 4 is one of the best selling CC in the world, I feel Monte 5 is overlooked in comparison.

Maybe it's overlooked due to it's size, but Monte 5's seem to have everything people love in a No.4 but more concentrated and turned up to 11.   

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Joeyjojo said:

Although Monte 4 is one of the best selling CC in the world, I feel Monte 5 is overlooked in comparison.

Maybe it's overlooked due to it's size, but Monte 5's seem to have everything people love in a No.4 but more concentrated and turned up to 11.   

I agree with you fully here. I prefer 5 to 4.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bijan said:

I think the cheaper RyJ are the best of the cheaper cigars compared to Partagas, H. Upmann and Hoyos (except maybe romeo no. 1-2-3).

Definitely though the RyJ Sports Largos receive very little praise except maybe from me and

@NSXCIGAR

Have had some very good Mille fleur of late. Some of the wrappers have been blood red. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

For current stuff:

Fonseca No. 1

Montecristo A

R&J Belicoso

Upmann Noella

Cuaba Distinguido & Salomones

Partagas Cuelbras

Are Monte A still in current production? I never see them anywhere.

3 hours ago, Bijan said:

Definitely though the RyJ Sports Largos receive very little praise except maybe from me and @NSXCIGAR

I was thinking about those and yes, for what they are and seeing as how it's pretty much you and me talking about them, I would probably include the Sports Largos and Belvederes. Maybe the best of all the small offering cheap & cheerfuls (and certainly far superior to the HU Coronas Major.)

20 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

I was thinking about those and yes, for what they are and seeing as how it's pretty much you and me talking about them, I would probably include the Sports Largos and Belvederes. Maybe the best of all the small offering cheap & cheerfuls (and certainly far superior to the HU Coronas Major.)

Do the Sport Largos have similar characteristics (other than size) to the Belvederes. I have a box of Belvederes but have never tried the Sport Largos.

Vegueros mañanitas does the job quite well  and not truly talked about and it’s a fun vitola.

HdM Epicure no1 is overlooked quite often in Corona gorda territory and truth be told not always up there. I think it is a fantastic cigar that deserves some additional credit.

7 hours ago, ReturnFreeRisk said:

The Libertador gets praise undoubtedly, but for me its up there in the all time classic stratosphere and deserves more, like BBF. Sometimes I stress out wondering if/when HSA will drop it because its LCDH. I’ve probably got over 10 boxes because every time I smoke 2-3 from a box I am so compelled to buy another. Other than Winnie no other CC haunts me like it

I tend to agree with this statement. Some of the Libertadores I have had are in my all time bests, and I don’t usually don’t smoke that wide ring gauge.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RichG-LI-NY said:

Do the Sport Largos have similar characteristics (other than size) to the Belvederes. I have a box of Belvederes but have never tried the Sport Largos.

I think they're similar. @NSXCIGAR can probably gove a better idea.

I haven't had a ton. Belvederes were more cherry. Sports Largos were sometimes cherry and sometimes a bit sweeter rosewater/turkish delight like an Exhibicion no. 4.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, RichG-LI-NY said:

Haven't had either in a little while but the good SL I've had were like mini Petit Royales. Less cherry/rosewater (but there) and added earthiness and sweetness. Amazingly balanced for such a small cigar. 

The Belvederes are more straight cherry and taste like a scaled down Mille Fleurs or PC. But no rough edges like the Coronitas en Cedros, Regalias de Londres or the Romeo 1-3. 

I would pick the Sports Largos over the Belvederes but the price on the SL kind of stinks. Not a great value. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

I would pick the Sports Largos over the Belvederes but the price on the SL kind of stinks. Not a great value. 

They've gotten a bit worse but sometimes you can get specials.

I think I got a box of SL for $85 last year. Granted you could probably have gotten a box of Belvederes for that price too then. You can still get either for a bit over $100.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

I did.

And this thread is about what cigars aren't getting praised that should be, which is a fairly unusual phenomenon. The first question to ask yourself is perhaps there's a reason a cigar I might like isn't getting praise. I saw Monte Opens mentioned. Seriously? Is Troya next?

This thread, as usual, has devolved into "what cigars I like right now, yay!" instead of focusing on the OP's question. I'm seeing cigars like JL S1/2 that are in no way lacking praise anywhere, least of all here. 

I understand the point you're trying to make, but you don't need to play God on what others deem as 'under-praised'. It's subjective my man.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Chibearsv said:

I don't think I've seen a universally panned cigar on the forum.  Most gripes are about construction which certainly can be valid - especially regarding RyJ Churchill in my opinion.  And some complaints are about uncomfortable size or excessive mildness which are subjective and certainly not universal. 

If I think about my inventory of cigars that I really like that don't show up too often on daily smoke, I'll agree with @dshot and say JL1 may not have the fans that I'd expect it to have.  Young or old, they are complex and delicious and I've never experienced construction problems with them through multiple boxes.

Agreed!  I blacklisted RYJ Churchills due to their shitty construction

I don't see a lot of hype or reviews around the Mag50, which I think is a great cigar!  JL1 and JL2's are a great value

On 8/31/2021 at 8:36 PM, Lrabold89 said:

To me rgpc is like the second hand smoke off a perla emoji23.png just another guys opinion

But for real …a cigar that needs to get mentioned more is the siglo IV ….you hear tons about coro and the VI is the greatest thing since Sliced bread and the II is the poor mans cohiba (lol) but seriously the IV is where it’s at and I don’t think gets it’s credit due

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea only hear about the CoRo and VI.  For Cohiba I'm at III > CoRo > IV > VI > I > shorts all being 2020 except the CoRo being 2017

Really enjoy the Salomones I have. Been waiting for some distinguido to pop up for a while but haven’t found any yet. All the mentions of Choix supreme above convinced me to pull the trigger on a couple boxes this morning. 
Yeah, the Distinguidos seem to be out of stock a lot all over. The traditionales is a pretty good substitute though.

The Choix Supreme is definitely a good smoke

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk