What's With The Connie 2?

36 minutes ago, Lrabold89 said:

still waiting for the rio seco dust to settle lol ....with the exception of the occasional reasonable sale around 325-350, its been astromical........connie A was up then down now back up again....some dust never settles ...

Rob and 24:24 have had the best Rio Seco prices. Some other vendors are absolutely crazy.

Hope that didn't break any rules...

• Like 3

I rate the Connie 2 as a fairly good morning cigar. First third some Upmann flavors, second third pretty much nothing, last third - need to be put down for a while before anything interesting happens, or never will. 

If I'm looking for that Upmann flavor, I'll be going to Magnum 46, Royal Robusto or one of the Connie A or Bs for that fix.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lrabold89 said:

still waiting for the rio seco dust to settle lol ....with the exception of the occasional reasonable sale around 325-350, its been astromical........connie A was up then down now back up again....some dust never settles ...

Not really apples to apples...Rio Seco is Hoyo's big azz offering (like a Connie B, minus the 2nd band), they'll likely keep the premium pricing.

Connie A has been pretty stable IMO (you can routinely scope them out in the 330 range)

I do think Connie 2s will settle quite a bit more, but who knows-

6 hours ago, Bijan said:

Only Upmanns I really like are Connie A and Sir Winstons. Though I feel like I need to revisit some of them again and check out the 2 and B too.

The SW is a special case. Refined but still hits hard. No other cigar quite like it with that combination of class and power. 

As far as the A, I find it fluctuates too much. It goes a little too light at times. First few years' production seemed to be a little richer in general. It's why I pretty much stick to the 1 which is probably my most reliable and trusted cigar along with El Principe. 

Well now I really feel like an idiot for grabbing a box of the Connie 2 to test out. Sounds like maybe I should just plan to use them for kindling or something. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, inter4alia said:

Well now I really feel like an idiot for grabbing a box of the Connie 2 to test out. Sounds like maybe I should just plan to use them for kindling or something. 

Or trade 'em up for some A's.  Similar price point for reasons I can't fathom.  

• Like 2

Haven’t had these yet, but most likely will in near future.  I have very low expectations for it being worth the money but I’m sure they’ll be fine cigars.  Still, worth a try.  If I’m disappointed I’ll trade them or something.  

On 6/25/2021 at 8:10 AM, Tstew75 said:

Dunno or care until the prices come down to around 3 hundy

Always a sound strategy with new sticks...let the dust settle

probably a reasonable strategy, but i've been thinking about it in a different way. i figure that if habanos wants a new release to take off, they're going to put some effort into the first boxes released (no guarantees of course), so i picked up a couple of boxes.

prices may come down, not sure which direction quality will go.

-dobbs

• 3 weeks later...

I am glad I am not the only one to see that about the A. Thought I was beginning to be super OCD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I hadn't had any Connie 1 since I've been smoking through these 2s until tonight. Wanted to wait to come back to them for an accurate contrast.

The verdict is in--I very much prefer the 1 to the 2. The 1 has that light sweetness and toasted tobacco that's missing from the 2 and honestly, the A as well. 

My opinion is that the 1 is still my favorite Connie of all in terms of overall enjoyment. Value, no question of course. 

• Like 3