The 25 Worst Movies of All Time, According to Rotten Tomatoes

Ken Gargett

18 hours ago, Bijan said:

Not all. But a fair number.

To me IMDb is a better representation of how good a movie is. Critics looks for specific things, sometimes they pan a genre as a whole (comedy).

Yeah, IMDb is a good guide. By the way, the use of the phrase, "they're all in the Bottom IMDb 100" was meant to include the word 'all' as a strong modal adverb to reinforce how bad these movies are, and just because they're not on the bottom Rotten Tomatoes list they're in another one (but not all). In other words, I was been 'funny' in making my point, not objectively serious.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2021 at 6:21 PM, Skypilot said:

Master and Commander with Russell Crowe. Absolute snooze fest. 

Wow, this one is pretty universally praised. I certainly didn't find it boring. 

Now, if you want a snooze fest I'll submit Unforgiven, Howard's End, The Remains of the Day. 

On 1/24/2021 at 3:14 PM, MrBirdman said:

Ebert’s review of Jaws: The Revenge is priceless. 

Jaws 3-D was way worse than Jaws: The Revenge. 

Fun fact: I saw them draining the tank and removing the background facade for it at Universal when I went there for the first time in 1987.

On 1/24/2021 at 5:05 PM, MoeFOH said:

Where is Howard The Duck and Leonard Part 6?

Howard the Duck isn't that bad, it's just not good and definitely weird. Had a huge budget and George Lucas was very much involved. He and a bunch of producers were hell-bent on making the movie. Not sure why. Another fun fact: I actually did see this movie in the theater.

18 minutes ago, Bijan said:

73% fresh on rotten tomatoes...

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/ghostbusters_2016

Critics...

Last Jedi had a big gap also. https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/star_wars_the_last_jedi

I think I gotta start looking for movies the critics absolutly hate. 

• Like 1

On 1/24/2021 at 5:14 PM, Ken Gargett said:

i have no idea which part i saw. assume the first? that was it for me. as far as i am concerned, that stamped him as a fraud, a charlatan, a thief and a hack. i will not watch anything from him ever again.

fool me once...

You have to try to get past this...yes, the movie(s?) was(were) terrible. However, after this debacle came Inglourious Basterds, Django Unchained, and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. All epic.  Give him another chance with one, if not all, of the three

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, RedLantern said:

I'd like to see a list of movie "guilty pleasures" with movies that reached some threshold of popularity despite being terrible.

Pacific rim gets my vote. Apparently popular enough they made a second movie. Of course, I watched both. 

• Haha 1

Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992) has my vote.  Keanu Reeves and Winona Ryder trying English accents.  Anthony Hopkins doing a Dutch one, and sounding Germanic instead.  Gary Oldman doing I know not what.  It doesn't even go into the "so bad, it's good" bin.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Joeyjojo said:

The worst movie I've ever seen in the cinema was the remake of 13 Ghosts in the early 2000's.

I vividly remember halfway through thinking 'I'm never going to the pictures again'. 

And I haven't.

Nadia interacting with Shaggy in a horror show that still ends with an ‘And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids’...?...what else could be so compelling!

• Haha 1

*If you want truly bad movies then you need to become a member of the MST3K's (Mystery Science Theatre 3000 ).  With their opening them song: "We'll send him cheesy movies - the worst we can find" - they MEAN it. Some of those movies are SO bad - and I mean I'll be enjoying their dialog to death; but some of those movies are SOOOO bad until I just can't sit through them any more. They've got movies that make "Plan 9 From Outer Space" look like "Citizen Kane".  They've got movies that make "Santa Claus Conquers The Martians" look like "Gone With The Wind."  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, cigcars said:

*If you want truly bad movies then you need to become a member of the MST3K's (Mystery Science Theatre 3000 ).  With their opening them song: "We'll send him cheesy movies - the worst we can find" - they MEAN it. Some of those movies are SO bad - and I mean I'll be enjoying their dialog to death; but some of those movies are SOOOO bad until I just can't sit through them any more. They've got movies that make "Plan 9 From Outer Space" look like "Citizen Kane".  They've got movies that make "Santa Claus Conquers The Martians" look like "Gone With The Wind."  

+1

We used to love watching these and heckling along. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cigcars said:

1 hour ago, La_Tigre said:

+1

We used to love watching these and heckling along. 

What about Elvira's Movie Macabre? I used to love watching that show as a kid. Cheesy, b grade horror films, and of course, Elvira. ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fuzz said:

What about Elvira's Movie Macabre? I used to love watching that show as a kid. Cheesy, b grade horror films, and of course, Elvira. ?

Absolutely. I remember those reruns. And yes, Elvira! ? 

A lot of movies that frequently fall on the list of "Worst Movies", such as Plan 9, wouldn't crack my bottom 100. Plan 9, Jaws 4, Troll 2, etc. at least have some level of entertainment as they are generally so bad they are hilarious. 

The worst movies are the ones that are so bad and incompetent that they are painful to sit through; they have no redeeming qualities. Manos: The Hands of Fate is one of those movies.

Of note: manos is Spanish for "hands". So it's Hands: The Hands of Fate. ?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, MMarbs said:

A lot of movies that frequently fall on the list of "Worst Movies", such as Plan 9, wouldn't crack my bottom 100. Plan 9, Jaws 4, Troll 2, etc. at least have some level of entertainment as they are generally so bad they are hilarious. 

The worst movies are the ones that are so bad and incompetent that they are painful to sit through; they have no redeeming qualities. Manos: The Hands of Fate is one of those movies.

Of note: manos is Spanish for "hands". So it's Hands: The Hands of Fate. ?

*AT LAST!! Somebody who's mentioned that movie, Mano the Hands of Fate: Man, I tried TWICE to sit through that movie with the MISTY 3K's...I just couldn't do it. Torgo with his, "My M-a-a-s-t-e-r..."  was so exasperatingly annoying I was ready to kill myself!

1 hour ago, Fuzz said:

*We never got Elvira in Louisville, Kentucky. I'm sure she was a gas! We get nowadays, "Svengoolie" showing yesteryear's horror and monster movies. He's a very entertaining dude, too!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...