That creeping inevitability...

17 minutes ago, Capt. Corona said:

My point from all the way back around the first of March.  Example is plain and clear how people want to pretend out here in Arizona. Our fine gov "reopened" the state just before Memorial weekend to boost the ailing economy.  This was good for everyone and we were excited to see it so we could start back on a path of some type of recovery.  The problem....people don't know how to act as a whole.  Everyone threw their masks in the garbage and screw any type of social distancing.  Youngsters were horny and packed the bars and the old people were tired of their spouses cooking at home and packed the restaurants.  We finally for the first time decided on a curb side pick up from our fav for the first time in months.  It was like Arizona palooza everywhere....few masks seen and social distancing out the window.  Reporters walking up and down the street interviewing young kids over in college town.  One interview sticks in mind of a college youngster refusing to wear a mask because his friends don't and they may make "fun" of him if he did.  Stated he had close family members die from this crap so he "probably" should wear one but "probably" won't!  Peer pressure doing it's finest work.  He'll probably get elected for president someday.

Do a search and see the results of all this madness a month later.

Not sure I need to do a search.  The selective agenda-driven creation and application of confinement and other behavioural restrictions, governmental and peer, is evident.  The same politicians that enacted rat-on-your-neighbor programs exempted and encouraged politically expedient mass gatherings before my very eyes.    

• Like 2

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't think the population will buy a lockdown a second time around.  The Genie is out of the bottle. A significant % of the public simply won't comply.  

☝️ Your honour, the Government allowed 100,000  people to protest BLM without  a fine.    Case dismissed 

I detest these arrogant, ignorant Aholes that run around spewing out how it's against their civil rights to be told they have to wear a mask (face covering) when in a public environment and social dis

10 minutes ago, rcarlson said:

Not sure I need to do a search.  The selective agenda-driven creation and application of confinement and other behavioural restrictions, governmental and peer, is evident.  The same politicians that enacted rat-on-your-neighbor programs exempted and encouraged politically expedient mass gatherings before my very eyes.    

Nothing new...Are you surprised?

16 minutes ago, joeypots said:

Here's a good summary of the issue. Massachusetts has done a good job of containment since the terrible early outbreak.

https://theweek.com/articles/923075/massachusetts-exception-americas-coronavirus-failure?fbclid=IwAR2zVd-vU2j5aI4suXkVqXnx8bEUIZCRknmVs0ubS53xo1LqoCm13Vgg93Q

I live in MA and lock down has decimated the state in many ways.  Go downtown in any city in our state and it's littered with homeless and drug addicts.  Stores are all boarded and many businesses are just out of business. It's teary eyed driving down Newbury St.  Like a horror movie.  Go to Lowell, Worcester, or Springfield and you won't want to get out of the car.

16 minutes ago, rcarlson said:

It's all politics.  It's worth destroying the economy and country if you can win the White House.  Those people never miss a pay check.

2 minutes ago, Zigatoh said:

No and carrying a phone is my choice.  I shut off location services all the time and shut off Bluetooth when not in my car.  I shut off wireless when traveling. 

Being mircochipped is much different.

1 minute ago, BrightonCorgi said:

It's all politics.  It's worth destroying the economy and country if you can win the White House.  Those people never miss a pay check.

So you're in the camp that this virus is just all a political ploy to win seats in a new administration and the whole world is in on this for little ole usa because everyone around the world loves us so much?

2 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

No and carrying a phone is my choice.  I shut off location services all the time and shut off Bluetooth when not in my car.  I shut off wireless when traveling. 

People think they have choices when it comes to their phone.  You do......iphone or android.  That's it!

37 minutes ago, Capt. Corona said:

Nothing new...Are you surprised?

Only surprised that the most vociferous seem to not only accept it but are willing to unquestioningly advocate at the direction of the same sources.     

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Capt. Corona said:

So you're in the camp that this virus is just all a political ploy to win seats in a new administration and the whole world is in on this for little ole usa because everyone around the world loves us so much?

Not exactly.  This comes to nationalism vs. globalism. H1N1, Ebola, and Zika all happened during the previous administration.  Most were even more fatal the Covid, but we had a globalist regime and the world treated it different due to that.  That regime was also pro-China where this one is not.  

When billionaires & global corporations get involved, only bad can come from it.  First it's masks & social distancing, then it's forced vacinations, micro chipping, and facial recognition...  Sure each part is done to degree, but now it's going to be forced, sanctioned, and accepted as the "new normal".  

It's nation states vs. new world order.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Not exactly.  This comes to nationalism vs. globalism. H1N1, Ebola, and Zika all happened during the previous administration.  Most were even more fatal the Covid, but we had a globalist regime and the world treated it different due to that.  That regime was also pro-China where this one is not.  

When billionaires & global corporations get involved, only bad can come from it.  First it's masks & social distancing, then it's forced vacinations, micro chipping, and facial recognition...  Sure each part is done to degree, but now it's going to be forced, sanctioned, and accepted as the "new normal".  

It's nation states vs. new world order.

I guess what it comes down to is just what each individual is willing to except because it's happening all around us and honestly I don't think it's avoidable.  I'm a believer that united we will stand and divided we will fall.  Doesn't take a scholar to look around and see the division going on in this country and the rest of the world for that matter.  The cleansing is rapidly happening and the world will be a different place when the billionaire's finally have their way.  Who do you think is really running our country at this moment?  Certainly not the people.  The "We" got turned into a "Me" and it only gets worse every 4 years.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Microchip is only required to keep power running for location services even when the battery is taken out, the NSA likely used a trojan horse virus, meaning even when you think you have turned the location services and bluetooth and even the phone 'off' they can still locate you. Only way to stop this on even on a non microchipped phone is to remove the battery.

Not saying the NSA have infected your phone with this virus, but it is possible to do.

• Like 1

I’m over this whole thing. Every aspect of it. It’s a non-issue at this point. The cattle are out of the barn. And fortunately for all of us, this thing is far less lethal than what was feared, or what some continue to fear. 

• Like 1

People don't want to hear what I'm thinking, they want me to say what they're thinking.

The virus travels freely, based on pore size, right through your mask. That is a fact!

The facts can be skewed to anyone's liking.  Me farting in public might only eliminate one or two close by but those people won't go out and infect possibly another 30 or 40 the same as I did them.

2 hours ago, Markspring1978 said:

I’m over this whole thing. Every aspect of it. It’s a non-issue at this point. The cattle are out of the barn. And fortunately for all of us, this thing is far less lethal than what was feared, or what some continue to fear. 

Unfortunately a lot of people in Arizona were "over" this thing also.  It obviously affects everyone in different ways.  I think those that don't know anyone close to them that have been lost or severely impacted by this crap are affected a lot differently than those who have.  It really is kind of surreal the whole debate of wearing a face covering or not wearing when you think about it.  How being asked or in some instances more forced into applying one over your mouth and nose to not only help protect you but more importantly possibly help protect those around you when the situation calls for it.  To me it just shows where human kindness has taken the dive.  Most all alive today have parents or grandparents that were asked to just drop what they were doing grab a gun and go halfway across the globe to help eradicate a "virus".  Most didn't give it a second thought that they may not be coming home alive.  Today were being asked to social distance and wear a face covering when that isn't possible and most this time are FU I'm not doing that crap and they can't make me.  So sad.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Markspring1978 said:

I’m over it too. It’s an absurdly emotional time and I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that we all had to spend a lot of time alone with our own thoughts and some of us cracked. I can hear it when I talk to a few of my own family members on the phone—saying loopy, generally paranoid things that aren’t true. Heck, I don’t even look at the news anymore—just a bunch of people saying wacky stuff like it’s self-evident. 

9 hours ago, PigFish said:

I am making the point that idiocy (the right to differ), yours or mine is an individual human right. To take it from you, is tyranny. I would prefer to live with idiots than under tyrants

Reading quite a lot of posts coming from across the pond, one thing that constantly has me scratching my head is the obsession with freedom.   Here in the UK we have our own problems, the class system, restricted social mobility etc etc.   but apart from the brexit fiasco, we are very rarely obsessive about the basic concept of 'freedom'.  The widespread feeling across the UK/Europe is that freedom is a given.  

When observing how this plays out in the US, it seems to end in a sort of contrarian result.  i.e  if they really wanted some people to wear masks, they may of stood more chance releasing a public message saying.  "You must NOT! wear a mask, under no circumstance must you be caught with any face coverings, or you will be reported to the authorities".   

The point i'm getting too is,  I agree with you, people should be free, but sadly it seems that parts of the US are getting wrapped up with contrarian behaviour and conspiracy theorising to a degree, where they maybe actually self harming, by avoiding genuine messages of care and concern for their welfare.  Yes, if people want to jump off a cliff and kill themselves, they should have the right to do whatever they want, and equally people should not be bombarded with state control messaging, and shepherding ......but....but

I don't want you jump of a cliff Ray.  Jumping off a cliff (if high enough) will likely result in a 100% chance of death,  whereas someone not wearing a mask around you (if infected) may result in a chance of your infection of maybe 20%?,   and then maybe your death of 2%??    I don't know.           But my point is, is that if that level of risk marries up with some basic understood state law, like errr? a speed restriction in and around a school gate.  We don't throw up our arms and go......"this is bullshit coddling madness" we go.   "yep, seems to make sense to me,  lots of traffic, in a built up urban area. Small kids streaming out of the school gates,  20mph is a sensible speed restriction" 

I've recently returned back from Japan, and I was just leaving there as the whole Corona virus was kicking off. I dearly love Japan, the food, the richness of culture, the kindness and common sense of the people, and I'd say the wearing of masks (as a standard, ill or not) is probably around 60%.   Amusingly, I met up in Kanazawa with a friend from the UK, she arrived ill, and was not wearing a mask.  As Covid 19 was literally just breaking in China, she and we were not wearing masks, and simply assumed she had a common cough/cold.   Anyway, upon returning to the UK, me and the missus also felt like death (like nothing i've experienced before) and are pretty sure we've had it.     

In Japan,  people wear masks as concern for the public around them, it's not required, nobody has demand they do it, they also don't drop litter on the floor as a consideration, crime is almost at zero, and they have been very successful at controlling Covid in the general populous.  

I have a feeling you would probably hate Japan Ray, (I don't know maybe you've been?) A sense of group compliance would probably drive you insane.  But we all have compliance Ray, and compliance is useful, trust me if you've ever driven a car in Saudi Arabia, you would thank the lord that there is a rule of the road in the US, that (to some degree) doesn't make you feel as if you're going to die every 5 seconds. 

If wearing a mask should be optional Ray, what other rules that have been adopted into accepted behaviour (in the US) should be revisited?   Speed limits? traffic lights?  asbestos regulations? Food standards?.   I think we are a great deal more compliant than many of us like to think, it's just become political, and I think thats what people don't like.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, 99call said:

If wearing a mask should be optional Ray, what other rules that have been adopted into accepted behaviour (in the US) should be revisited?   Speed limits? traffic lights?  asbestos regulations? Food standards?.   I think we are a great deal more compliant than many of us like to think, it's just become political, and I think thats what people don't like.

this echoes exactly what i was trying to say. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, 99call said:

Reading quite a lot of posts coming from across the pond, one thing that constantly has me scratching my head is the obsession with freedom. 

Thank God.  

3 hours ago, 99call said:

3 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

this echoes exactly what i was trying to say. 

And here we are on a Cuban cigar blog and other analogies didn't come to mind. 

But yes, it has become political, as it always does. 

Why it seems like only yesterday that speed limits were increased from federal standards in many states, the unintended consequences of banning DDT revealed, the efficacy of certain drugs to treat Covid at the center of political debate finally accepted or rejected, deeply flawed modeling forming the basis for drastic regulation abandoned . . . 

I'd be shocked if you guys adhered to speed limits without the risk of getting caught and fined, and somewhere an old lady that you passed shaking her fist at you.  

Perhaps the natural tendency to vilify dissent from perceived consensus needs some reevaluation of its own.