Your latest CC Purchase?

• Replies 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

5 hours ago, gormag38 said:

Got this white whale a little while back and was amazed at the date. Grateful that the Mexican health labels were only on the outer cardboard.

Nice score @gormag38!!!

I hate those stupid health warning labels.

1 hour ago, cgoodrich said:

Nice score @gormag38!!!

I hate those stupid health warning labels.

I was able to get the one off the back with a hairdryer pretty cleanly. Just so I could match the factory/year with the wooden box. The front one is just going to have to stay on though. 😆 

I've also never seen a LCDH cover up the 'dying patient' type photo with other stickers before. Found that quite interesting as well. :rotfl:

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Greenhorn2 said:

Damn, does your friend need another friend? Heck of an acquisition.

Unfortunately looks like he’s getting out of cigars. He stopped buying in 2013, so all are that old. Thankfully perfectly maintained.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lamboinee said:

Big day for me! First Cohibas of my life

Congrats. even if you find them overrated and not worth the money, at least you'll have a reference and experiencing the Cohiba unique profile. let me know how do they compare to the legendary D4 😁.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Arabian said:

. let me know how do they compare to the legendary D4 😁.

Thanks. Will do, I gotta let these rest though for a bit as Im pretty sure they earned a delta sky miles diamond medallion during transits. I'm thinking 2-3 months maybe? 

Even if they don't meet my expectations..... It was still worth it for a 3 pack just to see what's up. I hope I don't like them..... My bookie won't finance cigars. 

5 minutes ago, Lamboinee said:

Thanks. Will do, I gotta let these rest though for a bit as Im pretty sure they earned a delta sky miles diamond medallion during transits. I'm thinking 2-3 months maybe? 

Even if they don't meet my expectations..... It was still worth it for a 3 pack just to see what's up. I hope I don't like them..... My bookie won't finance cigars. 

I have no idea, maybe smoke one in the near future and rest the other two. I have the last CoRo in my humidor that I'm afraid to touch. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Lamboinee said:

Big day for me! First Cohibas of my life and some awesome Connie 2s that I know very little about other than what El Pres and Ken said on their video review.

Receipt of these from our gracious host is a testament to their customer service and diligence. This one took some time, work, and patience. Much appreciation to our host and logistics and Ms. D! Thanks for hanging in there with me!

To each his own -- as many many have made clear on this site -- but my experiences with Cohiba were entirely underwhelming ...until I experienced age.  IMO, give them 5 years rest at a minimum.  Granted, we all experience things differently.  It's just that I never understood Cohiba until having a very aged one.  At first I thought that meant +/- 5-10 years.  However, Cohiba at 10-15+ years can be (given inconsistencies) a revelation.  

That is an experience I hope for all on this forum.  In fairness, it doesn't have to be Cohiba (though in my experience there's less inconsistencies there).  My most stunning cigar experiences (all CC's) have not been with Cohiba (though that may be, in part, the expectations you bring to it).  But they are truly wonderful when allowed to develop.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Glass Half Full said:

give them 5 years rest at a minimum.

I accept that outcome. But I'm still curious to see for myself. You're right, we do experience things differently.....but there seem to be a lot of similarities. I Might be looking for some older Cohibas at some point, but that price point seems prohibitive. Nevertheless, I feel my journey at this point passes through "try a couple new ones" first.

I've really enjoyed some of the aged stuff I've samples so far and many of the recommendations from FOHriends regarding age have been accurate.  Right now I'm really digging some older PLPC and I'm looking forward to experiencing some recently acquired aged MC4s as an opportunity to the try something with age that I can compare with something new that I have real experience with.  

For the price paid, I'd hope that these are at least pretty decent when new.   Maybe I'll smoke one and then save one for when I start to draw social security lol. It'll be fun either way.  

Woop Woop! Cheers! 

5 hours ago, X-Man said:

It’s only the second week of February and I already broke my promise…

I am a sucker for oily wrapper El Laguito cigars. Just cannot help myself.

If only I could share the smell of them with you over the screen. 

Happy Friday FOH!!!

I have same box code as your E2 but mine are D4. Have not sampled yet as only got them 6 months ago. Will try at 2 yr mark in a couple months. 

• Thanks 1