Your latest CC Purchase?

• Replies 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

9 hours ago, JohnS said:
Haha...I know it seems like that! A year ago or so I also cracked open a box of Partagas Seleccion Privada 2014 LE and have gone through five or 6 of them and then I found out how much they were going for on Bond Roberts (i.e. a lot!). I guess I smoke for personal pleasure and the price of cigars gets lost on me, especially with the passage of time!
I bought this box of 2016 LE Trinidad Topes in 2017 and stored them away for awhile. I think the price may have been around $US300 at the time, if I'm not mistaken. The Australian price (or my price) was something like $AU500 to $AU550. It was 'a bit' at the time, but I believe I spent something similar on a 10-count box of Cohiba Robustos Supremos a year earlier and you wouldn't believe what those 58 ring-gauge behemoths go for these days!
I smoked the first one from the box yesterday and it's ruminating in my thoughts currently, prior to committing those thoughts to writing (a review). The question that is commonly asked is, "how do they compare to the 2019 regular production Trinidad Topes?". There's similarities and differences, with the latter being more striking because after five years there's a big change in body and strength. It's a bit like comparing brothers that are from the same family...you know, there's similar DNA but age difference means one's personal characteristics are very different!

I have heard they are nothing alike. Seems like a hSa thing to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JohnS said:

I guess I smoke for personal pleasure and the price of cigars gets lost on me, especially with the passage of time!

I hear you @JohnS. I don’t have deep pockets where money is no object, but if I desire a box I’ll spend the coin. After that I don’t think about the cost paid. For me it’s about the collecting and the enjoyment of a fine Habanos. It’s also preparing for the retirement years when I’ll buy less frequent due to far less disposable income, but can still enjoy my fine smoke!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, GVan said:

From our host; love the packaging but wish they came in 50's versus 10's!  

I feel the same way about the Punch 8-9-8

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 99call said:

you sly old fox you........fabulous pick up.   Hats off

Haha...yeah, well thanks. It's another box I picked up around 4 years ago from another Australian member for around $AU750 at the time, if I recall correctly. I waited until it hit the ten-year mark to try the first one (as you do).

So, yes...it was a bit at the time, but with current exchange rates of $US564, €EUR486 and £GBP410 for stock deleted in 2012 it doesn't seem such a bad deal! 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, JohnS said:

Haha...yeah, well thanks. It's another box I picked up around 4 years ago from another Australian member for around $AU750 at the time, if I recall correctly. I waited until it hit the ten-year mark to try the first one (as you do).

So, yes...it was a bit at the time, but with current exchange rates of $US564, €EUR486 and £GBP410 for stock deleted in 2012 it doesn't seem such a bad deal! 👍

You are very much preaching to the converted.  Cigars like this are sort of priceless in a way.  I think there are very few cigars that are in that Le Hoyo du Series, Partagas connie series that would be classified in a sort of gourmet separate bracket, but the Molino's are definitely one

I look forward to reading your review.  Molino's I believe are the only cigar i've enjoyed that possess such a floral marzipan note (in the 2nd 3rd)  that it almost tips over into a pear drop, chemical ester (in a nice way).   Can't get enough of that

Love them, if the ones (I had easy access to) weren't 2001 stock, I would hoover them up. 

• Like 2