Your thoughts on a dedicated FOH member trade day?

I’m new as well (not quite two months in)  I’m sure I would enjoy participating or at least reading up. I have had the considerable benefit of a member here who has been kind to share a number of singles w me as well as point out some cigars I should order.  Reading up on the trades will be a huge education as well. 

I wont be able to participate for a few months but as Chauncey Gardner says “I like to watch”

7 minutes ago, ohbob976 said:

id be interested 

you think something like this would get more attention if it was once or twice a month in the watering hole vs posting in the dedicated trade sub forum?

Thats the point. 

One day a month in the waterhole. 

Simply trading cigars that are not to your taste for other things that are or that you would like to try. 

Nothing ventured nothing gained. 

11 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

Thats the point. 

One day a month in the waterhole. 

Simply trading cigars that are not to your taste for other things that are or that you would like to try. 

Nothing ventured nothing gained. 

Right on. I Think it’s a great idea. Sign me up :) 

13 minutes ago, nKostyan said:

No such. Everything I bought at FOH, including clearance and seconds-all had to my taste. Hats off

Holy moly....there is stuff that I don't enjoy but  others may :D

More than happy to put together a sampler that has me scratching my head. All a bit of fun!

• Like 1

It wasn't flattery. Probably just a bit bragging about how good I was at picking cigars
I leafed through my stock and realized I had nothing to offer. I did not take into account the boxes that require aging, it would not be correct.
The reason-you need to understand your preferences and compare with the description of the lot when buying-a minimum of errors.
If there were a published description of the proposed cigars, including age and wrap, smoker’s personal experience and seniority, alcohol pair, I'm willing to try to make a diagnosis and explain why they did not like a particular smoker

I would give it a try just for interest what the heck. Especially with newer members if it were, let’s say, two fivers etc.

Or rares with experienced members just to watch.

Not necessarily just stuff you do not like but sure. Maybe just to try something different? We then leave trader feedback too.

Thanks Rob.

CB

• Like 1

Interesting idea., Time to rain on the parade. ⛈️  :P How do we manage the pitfalls?  

• Outright fraud. Someone doesn't send theirs and claims it was "lost in the mail".  I know there is some safeguards from a "goodwill" standpoint and minimum membership thresholds, but there is always one in the crowd who might take the risk of a ban to get a box of something they highly covet while ditching something they don't.
  • Actual lost in the mail scenarios.  I don't think the sender should be on the hook unless they screwed up on their part in sending it.  The receiver should get their box back IMO.
  • Discrepancies in what was sent. Either by amounts, appearance is different from what was pictured, condition is different.
  • Someone gets someone elses "dud's" that really are horrible smokes that no amount of time can fix.  It's one thing to give up a box of cigars you're not personally enjoying. But if you're giving it up because every single one you've smoked tastes like :cowpoop:.  Then IMO you're foisting your problem on someone else and possibly benefiting.