Why Do I Ever Smoke Anything Else?

Here's one to chew on: just like the title says: what's the cigar that makes you say "Why do I ever smoke anything else?" whenever you light one up?  It could be because the cigar is just that great, it could be because it's such a great value, complexity/varying experience, or that it's so versatile and approachable.  Whatever your reason is, I'm curious to hear your answers.

For me, while my experience with the stick is limited, the most recent time I said this was with a Por Larranaga Montecarlo - just because it delivered so much (complex, even elegant flavor profile, perfect construction, a full hour smoke) for such an absurdly cheap price.

1 minute ago, SigmundChurchill said:

I have a cigar like that.  One that stimulates my palate like no other, and puts me in a state of total bliss.

But I think if that was all I smoked, I would lose my appreciation for it.  Try eating your favorite food for every meal, and see if you still find it to be special after a couple of days.

Ditto

5 minutes ago, SigmundChurchill said:

I have a cigar like that.  One that stimulates my palate like no other, and puts me in a state of total bliss.

But I think if that was all I smoked, I would lose my appreciation for it.  Try eating your favorite food for every meal, and see if you still find it to be special after a couple of days.

Yeah, I get that for sure. But I think the game is more about which cigar puts the thought into your head, rather than that you would actually do it.

Montecarlos get a big green tick from me. Not only a good cheapie. But outclass many RE LE production.   Quai D'Orsay Coronas. Upmann 46. Juan Lopez No 1. Trini Coloniales.   I wouldnt complain at all if any of them washed up with me on a desert island as a lifetime supply

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Deeg said:

Yeah, I get that for sure. But I think the game is more about which cigar puts the thought into your head, rather than that you would actually do it.

Sorry, I misunderstood.

Siglo VI.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 99call said:

Montecarlos get a big green tick from me. Not only a good cheapie. But outclass many RE LE production.   Quai D'Orsay Coronas. Upmann 46. Juan Lopez No 1. Trini Coloniales.   I wouldnt complain at all if any of them washed up with me on a desert island as a lifetime supply

I believe that’s as good a list as I’ve ever seen! I could live on any one of those. Great job!

20 minutes ago, billh1 said:

I believe that’s as good a list as I’ve ever seen! I could live on any one of those. Great job!

Same here.  I have no quibbles with 99's list at all, except I have never had a QDO Corona.  I never do really.        

The inconsistencies that plague Cuban cigar  smokers, guys like me who buy boxes from trusted vendors and lay them down for a while, are well known. A box of '11 MC Edmundo comes to mind. If I could get that cigar I'd just about smoke only  that cigar.  But boxes of Cuban cigars are rarely that good, so the better question is, "Why can't all Cuban cigars be like this?"

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Astar20 said:

Any of the JL does it for me but recently after tasting a LGC MDO 4 it opened a whole new taste and door for me

I just received a box yesterday from the auctions.  Beautiful box of cigars.  Waiting 30 is going to be a challenge, especially after reading posts like this.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BarryVT said:

RASS, have a box of 2015 that are just magnificent right now. Trying to pace myself until my 2016 box gets another year on it.

RASS would definitely be another candidate for me.

12 hours ago, SigmundChurchill said:

Try eating your favorite food for every meal, and see if you still find it to be special after a couple of days.

That's my uni days. Mi goreng for breakfast and lunch, every day. I still eat mi goreng, especially like the Indomie brand.

• Like 2

PLMCs must be up there for me.

Had a Parti Presidentes with some decent age yesterday and that really impressed me. Had been a couple months (or probably more) since I had one but this will now be at least a weekly thing.

13 hours ago, TNT009 said:

Connie B, followed closely by his lil sister the A!

I would like to be able to say the same, but sadly have really had trouble finding any Connie Bs.